Main Menu

Hello

Started by Barrington Boots, 08 September, 2020, 12:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrington Boots

Hello!

I've been lurking here since around about the time of Trifecta. I was a lapsed reader who chose exactly the right time to pick up a copy of the prog for a train journey... 8 years ago? Argh.

This is almost the only online forum I read nowdays, and the only one I felt happy signing up to. Although I was actually inspired to sign up to comment on a post about Napalm Death.

Hope to be a worthwhile contributor here!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Trooper McFad

Welcome aboard and enjoy the banter
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

MumboJimbo

Hello, Barrington, I'm also a return lapsed reader. Nice to have you with us!

sheridan

Colin YNWA

Its always that Napalm Death chatter that brings in the crowds!

Welcome aboard Barrington Boots - have fun.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

Link Prime

Welcome aboard Barrington.

Bolt-01

Hey there Barrington, nice to see a new avatar on the board.

What strip caused you to come back for more?

TordelBack

Welcome, Barrington. Stay off the moors, stick to the road.

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 10 September, 2020, 10:03:11 AM
What strip caused you to come back for more?

It was the whole Trifecta arc. I stopped reading back in my teens and every time I'd picked up the odd issue since then to be treated to such delights as Outlaw or Big Dave I figured I'd made the right decision.It wasn't until I picked up a Trifecta-era prog at random for a train journey and was blown away that I came back full time.
I realise that was a long time ago though: I've been lurking on the board now for 8 years. Oof!
I've been a subscriber for about 6 years I think. Highs and lows, but mainly highs.

Colin YNWA

Oh would people stop saying things Like 'Trifecta was 8 years ago' and the like. I mean sure its correct and a fact and all that, but it scares the bejezus out of me. 8 chuffin' years.

Can we all just pretend that Trifecta (and Day of Chaos, that's another one) was like a couple of years ago or something...

... a desperate request from an old ...and apparently rapidly aging... man