Main Menu

Things that went over your head...

Started by ming, 09 January, 2012, 11:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

pants, over the head, not a comment on Jimmy Clanton.
DDT did a job on me

ICONIC_TM

HA! Stop Calling Me shirely! boom! boom! :lol:

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

ICONIC_TM

The Legendary Shark

I'm ashamed to say that I only "got" the band name "The Beatles" about two or three months ago. Beatles. BEATLES. Ffs, how did I live so long and not notice that?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

SpetsnaZ99

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 14 January, 2012, 01:13:24 AM
I'm ashamed to say that I only "got" the band name "The Beatles" about two or three months ago. Beatles. BEATLES. Ffs, how did I live so long and not notice that?

Youve lost me, who's Les? was he their first manager?
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

The Legendary Shark

Beat Les was their very first drummer.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dash Decent

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 14 January, 2012, 02:04:35 PM
Beat Les was their very first drummer.

I love that John Lennon comment when he was asked if Ringo was the best drummer in the world.

"He's not even the best drummer in the Beatles."

:D

Back on topic, I suppose I would have realised that GI females were called 'dolls' because of "Guys [GI's] & Dolls" if I'd thought about it long enough at the time....
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Pete Wells

I can't believe I only sussed Kid Knee when reading Stronty Dog yesterday. What an idiot!

Spikes

Goosegash

Somehow I've only just noticed one of the characters in The Red Seas is called Billy Mackenzie, which I assume is a nod to the late great Associates frontman. Probably.

Gonk

Nemesis. Thanks to 2000ad I grew up thinking it was a masculine name, I found out much later that Nemesis was actually originally personified as a female goddess in Greek mythology.
coming at a cinema near you soon

Dandontdare

Quote from: Pete Wells on 15 January, 2012, 11:54:02 AM
I can't believe I only sussed Kid Knee when reading Stronty Dog yesterday. What an idiot!

Kid knee...? Oh yeah! Now I get it!  ::)

Gonk

Quote from: SpetsnaZ99 on 12 January, 2012, 10:40:03 AM
Quote from: SuperSurfer on 11 January, 2012, 02:05:09 PM
Venus Bluegenes didn't go over my head but I can't help thinking of her when I listen to 'Dirty Blue Gene' by the late great Captain Beefheart:

"She's not bad
She's just genetically mean"

I allways thought Venus Bluegenes was an amalgam of Velvet Underground and David Bowie

Venus in Furs and Blue Jean/The Jean Genie

could be both then... Big Eyed Beans From Venus/Bluejeans & Moonbeams by Don Van Vliet seem more likely though imho.
coming at a cinema near you soon

ICONIC_TM

Oh.. Thats Why They Call Him Chopper..