Main Menu

FFT - What if? Tie 23 - Lawless vs Nikolai Dante

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 October, 2022, 06:24:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Sponsored by 2000ad in Stages - see links below.

Lawless - more info

VS

Nikolai Dante - more info

What if the draw had just gone differently? It was all thriller, not filler in the latter round, but while that lead to some astonishing ties it also left some untested and so we'll wrap all this up with some of those top tier match-ups we just missed out on. I could have subtitled this - which of Colin's favourite thrills does the board prefer? I mean I might change my top two if asked on different days BUT these two will never be far from my thoughts when I decide this. So Tharg's two greatest thrills face off...

b]To Vote[/b] Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 9th October and the winner gets a place ... well nowt this is just for fun.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

Hold on I thought all this nonsense was over? Well yeah but... see well I've explained that

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Magnetica

rogue69

sintec

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Timothy

Dante Nothing against Lawless, but Dante is a work of genius.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

While I feel slightly dirty for voting against Lawless, Dante is such a masterpiece that I can't in all honesty place my tick anywhere else.

Maybe, when Lawless is finally done, I'll change my mind... but for now, Dante.

SBT

paddykafka

In a 2000AD / Beano crossover prog, my vote would go to Desperate Dante.

JohnW

Quote from: paddykafka on 06 October, 2022, 10:47:50 AM

Minnie the Minx, by Alan Moore and Ian Gibson.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JohnW

Quote from: JWare on 06 October, 2022, 11:42:13 AM
Quote from: paddykafka on 06 October, 2022, 10:47:50 AM

Minnie the Minx, by Alan Moore and Ian Gibson.

Roger the Dodger on the High Rock
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

AlexF

Taking a risk, because a bad ending could bring the whole thing down, but my vote goes to Lawless.

And, while we're derailing this tie with Beano/Tooth mash-ups (Biffo vs Shako, anyone?), I love an excuse to get in a bit of 'The Clown'...

Colin YNWA

Huey2