Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

Grayling and Gove's dismantling of legal protection for the poor continues unopposed as a magistrate paid a fine for a destitute asylum seeker and gets suspended for it.
Britain is now a country that punishes kindness and charity.  Is it any wonder that so many of us now see our only hope is getting a fucking commie into No 10?

TordelBack

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 29 September, 2015, 08:53:03 PM
Quote from: Scolaighe Ó'Bear on 29 September, 2015, 08:36:07 PM
We should still be allowed to call him a pigfucker.

Don't worry, it has stuck. He'll never shake it.

Jeebus, he was shaking it too?

ZenArcade

Christ he's only a commie.... I was hoping for a Stalinist. Damn! Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

JOE SOAP

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Tordelback on 29 September, 2015, 10:33:58 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 29 September, 2015, 08:53:03 PM
Quote from: Scolaighe Ó'Bear on 29 September, 2015, 08:36:07 PM
We should still be allowed to call him a pigfucker.

Don't worry, it has stuck. He'll never shake it.

Jeebus, he was shaking it too?

And it's stuck?  I always thought his trousers looked a bit baggy.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dandontdare

Quote from: Scolaighe Ó'Bear on 29 September, 2015, 10:13:36 PM
Grayling and Gove's dismantling of legal protection for the poor continues unopposed as a magistrate paid a fine for a destitute asylum seeker and gets suspended for it.
Britain is now a country that punishes kindness and charity.  Is it any wonder that so many of us now see our only hope is getting a fucking commie into No 10?

Outrageous. The person in question was an asylum seeker who isn't allowed to work and doesn't receive any cash benefits, just £35 per week in vouchers to use at certain stores. How the hell is he supposed to pay a fine?

My experience of reporting on magistrate court cases many years ago was totally depressing - an endless parade of "£80 fine - paid at £2 per week - added to all your other fines and fines for non payment of fines"

Richmond Clements

Corbyn now being critisised for saying he's not prepared to start a nuclear war... is there no end to his evil?

NapalmKev

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 30 September, 2015, 02:00:26 PM
Corbyn now being critisised for saying he's not prepared to start a nuclear war... is there no end to his evil?

The Bastard! Before you know it he'll be giving handouts to scrounging Biddies and 're-nationalizing Public Services taking money away from hard working Shareholders. The Bastard!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

JayzusB.Christ

I've been reading a bit about the Vietnam War lately, and according to most sources a large proportion of soldiers actively try not to kill; and those who do can be utterly debilitated for years with guilt. 

Apparently guilt is a major factor in PTSD; if not for killing then for surviving while comrades die.  This guilt can be a life-destroying problem even if the veteran believes he was fighting for a good cause.

Anyway the point is I've never heard of a hawkish political leader express guilt over either of these factors when starting wars, despite being personally responsible for ALL the deaths caused.

Corbyn, it seems, is not being seen as a potential PM because only a sociopath can lead a country.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I think Corbyn has totally outmanoeuvred the pro-nuke wing of his party.

"Sure, vote for Trident if it excites you sexually, but don't expect me to pretend to consider using it."

Where has this guy been hiding all these years, he's wonderful!

sheridan

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 30 September, 2015, 04:09:44 PM
I think Corbyn has totally outmanoeuvred the pro-nuke wing of his party.

"Sure, vote for Trident if it excites you sexually, but don't expect me to pretend to consider using it."

Where has this guy been hiding all these years, he's wonderful!
In my manor, Islington North, actually doing his job as an MP (how many can you say that about?)

Professor Bear

At least now when those people jump in and say WELL JEREMY CORBYN WON'T EVER BE IN A POSITION TO MAKE THAT DECISION they'll probably be right, just not for the reasons they thought.

Tiplodocus

I hope the next time Trident is debated with Cameron (and all others who want it), that the BBC give them a thorough grilling and don't finish the interview without knowing:
a) if they would push the button and more importantly
b) exactly which countries they intend to destroy with these nukes? And don't accept a vague answer of "those who threaten us". Get them to name names.

That would be fair and balanced.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Will Cooling

Of course the thing that is often ignored is that there is no country in a worse position to survive a nuclear war than Britain. Small, densely populated and large population centres in costal areas (Oh and we're right next to Russia).

A country like the USA could in theory survive the first wave of a nuclear war...Britain would be dead within a day.
Formerly WIll@The Nexus

Professor Bear

The point isn't if we'd survive, it's whether or not we'll kill everyone else before we go.

Hilariously, papers are running with "Corbyn's a madman for saying he'd never launch nukes!" on the exact same fucking day they're running with "North Korea says it'll launch nukes at a moment's notice - what madmen!"