Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 08 November, 2016, 10:31:59 AM
...Japan, another example of low teenage pregnancy rate and high quality of sex education.

If only they covered the misuse of tentacles!

The Legendary Shark

They do - but only on a squid pro quo basis.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Say nothing of the used panty vending machines.

Yes, these exist.

Grugz

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 08 November, 2016, 10:26:14 AM
Quote from: Grugz on 07 November, 2016, 11:21:20 PM
  maybe they'd be better relocating to Germany as the age of consent is 14! and I belive lower than 16 in a lot of the civilised EU ,and they say were better off remaining! aye, if your a perv wanting to be able to freely move about and get your underage fix.

A ridiculously reductive and uninformed piece of anti-European nonsense. Germany's low age of consent is intended to decriminalise sex between teenagers as part of a strategy to reduce unwanted teenage pregnancies — a successful one, it would seem, since their rate is 9.8 per 1000 women aged 15-19, where the UK's is 26.4. Further, Germany's law takes specific account of age difference — if you're over 21, you can still be prosecuted for sex with a 14 or 15 year old.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/03/girl-15-and-her-47-year-old-uncle-win-right-to-have-sexual-relationship-6232627/

apparently you're wrong jim.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Steve Green

No he's not.

"There are provisions in German law to protect abuse of a minor who is over the age of consent by a much older partner, but only where the child concerned files a complaint with police."

From the original Telegraph article.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Grugz on 08 November, 2016, 07:12:15 PM
apparently you're wrong jim.

Your reading comprehension skills haven't improved. I said: "you can still be prosecuted for sex with a 14 or 15 year old."

I didn't say you would be. I'm not a German lawyer, but the (easily Google-able) articles I have read suggest that provision for prosecution in age mis-matched relationships considers exploitation by the older person, and some form of legal complaint from the younger.

All of which seems fairly specific and undermines your implied suggestion that mainland Europe is some kind of Far-East-style haven for paedophile sex tourists.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

It'll never happen, but imagine how delicious it would be if the EU enabled British citizens to retain EU citizenship somehow. Plenty of Leave slippage and toy-throwing at this one, showcasing it's all about control. (i.e. We're jumping off this bloody cliff, and those Remoaners are coming with us, dammit. This bit about discrimination is astonishing.)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 08 November, 2016, 07:56:00 PM
This bit about discrimination is astonishing.

"That thing we explicitly said we didn't want? Well, if someone else gets it, that means we're being discriminated against and it's JUST NOT FAIR and we WON'T PUT UP WITH IT."

You honestly couldn't make this up.

Grugz

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 08 November, 2016, 07:38:48 PM
Quote from: Grugz on 08 November, 2016, 07:12:15 PM

All of which seems fairly specific and undermines your implied suggestion that mainland Europe is some kind of Far-East-style haven for paedophile sex tourists.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/apr/09/labour.immigrationpolicy

its good that google,innit?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Grugz link=topic=28209.msg935972#msg935972 date
its good that google,innit?

A ten-year old article which has nothing to do with Germany, whose age of consent you cited in your original, risible point. Well done.

Grugz

Germany is in Europe last I looked,and the point is those "people" are doing what you said they didn't and were doing it 10 years ago as well. I don't know what you hope to achieve arguing with me other than arguing with me but I dunno why, I voiced my opinion in a political thread about a subject that disgusted me and proved my original point you tried to discredit with a ten year old article.

which proved my point that I originally tried to make...

I thought anyone would want to condemn the low consent age in a lot of European countries but instead try to justify it with statistics when the absolute truth is there are men (and women) who are exploiting children in Europe using the lower ages of consent to get away with it.
   it is ok for men to have sex with children on the basis of a countries law? no,of course not. what if one country had the age of consent lowered to 9? or 12? would that be ok? no, of course not .
anyway,nice debating with you jim,a pleasure as always .

ttfn

g'night.

CalHab

Woke up at 4am and made the mistake of looking at the news. This is a car crash. Who knows where we're all heading now.

Colin YNWA

Its hardly snowed up here and I live on high ground in Sheffield and we were meant to get 10cm. Weather people and pollster hey who the fuck can trust them.

Fuckin' hell what the fuck just fuckin' happened?

Tjm86

FX have just announced the title for the next series of American Horror Story: election.

The Enigmatic Dr X

i knew I should have bet on a Trump win
Lock up your spoons!