Main Menu

Advertise 2000AD!

Started by Mike Carroll, 13 February, 2005, 07:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Carroll

Galactic Greetings, chums!

Anyone interested in participating in a wee competition, in which you could win one of a small number of not-very-good prizes?

The idea is that you should create an advert for 2000AD or the Megazine. The advert can be a text piece, a drawing, or even a short audio or video-clip (for the sake of everyone's bandwidth, videos should be not more than a minute long, certainly no bigger than five megabytes).

The competition's judges (i.e., me and my wife) will be looking for quality of ideas rather than quality of execution. In other words, if you have a great idea but your drawing skills are pants, don't be shy about joining in!

The competition deadline is March 31st - that should be enough time for you all to get your entries done!

Text and image ads can be posted here; videos are a different matter, though. If you can put them on-line yourself, then great, otherwise get in touch with me and I'll try to find space to host them.

Prizes: The winner(s) will receive some old tat that I happen to find lying around, to be decided later!

(Of course, if not enough people are interested in participating, then I reserve the right to call the whole thing off and have a sulk).

Lotsa luck,
Mike

P.S. Below you'll find a link to a short video-type advert I've put together as a sample. It's in WMV format (Windows media video, or something), and it's just over four megabytes.

Link: http://www.iol.ie/~carrollm/advert001.wmv" target="_blank">Mike's 2000AD advert

Richmond Clements

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

Bad Andy

Wow. I think you might have just scared off all the entrants.

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Tanky

James

That's brilliant!

Nice work.

Mike Carroll

Thanks for the compliments, guys! Glad you like it.

For anyone interested in creating 2000AD-related 3D stuff, I've added a wee page to my website from where you can download my implementation of the original Judge Dredd font, plus 3DS versions of the current 2000 AD logo and the Judge Dredd badge; they might come in handy!

Just click on the link below and go to "2000 AD Stuff" on the menu. Feel free to use any of this stuff for your own home-made 2000 AD adverts! You never know; you might just win!

Cheers,
Mike

P.S. While you're there, have a look at my Graphics page... Scroll right down to the end and check out the Judge Dredd image! I'd love to know everyone's comments on how it looks!

Link: http://www.iol.ie/~carrollm/" target="_blank">Michael Carroll's Website

Noisybast

"Scroll right down to the end and check out the Judge Dredd image! I'd love to know everyone's comments on how it looks! "

It look slike it should have looked in the first place! Nice work, Mike!

Devons Daddy

bloody show off.

whats the prize for second then?
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

its a thought though.
if rebellion made a simple but decent file we could offer it to people the viral marketing method i think they call it dont they?

it cannot be that hard to put something together from the D V D or rogue trooper stuff they have can it?
with a link to the subs dept and web site. get a lot of lapsed squaxx minds cast back perhaps?
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Mike Carroll

Good idea, Devon's Daddy!

They could give away a CD-Rom with lots of little clips (audio and video), wallpaper images, the Dredd vs Death demo, and so forth.

Plus, of course, the winning entries for this fine competition!

-- Mike

Mike Carroll

Mike Carroll

C'mon, guys...! Is no one interested in participating? Is this perhaps because I said that the prizes won't be much good? Okay, then... I promise to find some really good prizes if enough people take part!

Love and cuddles,
Mike

Noisybast

Patience, padawan.
These things take time, Mike...