Main Menu

Hiya Toys Judge Dredd range?

Started by dweezil2, 23 July, 2021, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 13 January, 2023, 08:28:52 AM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 12 January, 2023, 09:51:53 PM
The Hiya site says they've sold out of the Dredd figure. Hopefully that's just 'for now'.

Looking back at their other lines (Aliens - marines for example) I don't think they do a re issue so it will only be what's out there with other vendors or eballs 🙁

We'll get another chance when they release the Dredd with Lawmaster.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

alphadogau

Are we there yet?

lincnash

Dreddly and the D.J's can be found for recommended retail price with reasonable shipping charges on EvilPAy now.
Pre-orders and at the initial releases, the scalpers on the hive of scum and villainy's list prices (didn't seem to be selling) were double and triple HIYA's suggested retail.
You would have to assume lack of sales pulled the scalpers down to reality and the list prices have been adjusted accordingly with sales picking up.
Some auctions with low start bid but as always these get bid up to a retail price in the last few seconds by snipers, so no real bargains to be found just yet.

Lawman of the Present

For anyone who still has open Zavvi orders, they're delayed again.

Death is now a wonderfully specific 'March 2023', while Dredd, Klegg and Anderson are Feb. The remaining DJs and Giant are MIA with no updated arrival.

Take with a pinch of salt.

Trooper McFad

I asked Nerdtoys for an update and all I got was
"The distributor our stock comes via advise they are uk bound now but won't no more until they land and clear customs"

Maybe they are rowing across the sea?
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Lawman of the Present

Quote from: Dash Decent on 16 January, 2023, 01:20:18 PM
We'll get another chance when they release the Dredd with Lawmaster.

From the available images, it appears Lawmaster Dredd has a variant headsculpt, different to the core and B&W figures. Anderson appears to be the same figure in her Lawmaster pack however.

Dash Decent

The HIYA site now has everything they listed before - which isn't quite everything (no Mean Machine, no Anderson with Lawmaster) - as up for pre-order.  All standard figures are $19.99 US, with the Klegg and Lawmaster Dredd being more expensive.  Regular Dredd is back in stock.

There's a warning on each item reminding you it's a pre-order.  It says shipping should be sometime between 14th February and May!  Given Fear, Mortis, etc are in the shops I would assume and hope they'd send them out closer to now than to May.  And 14th February is only a fortnight away.

The flat-rate shipping adds $10 for every item, though six standard figures were showing as $48 postage for me; adding the Dredd with Lawmaster took it to $54, so there is some tiny bit of saving there.

Still, at $30 US per figure including postage, it's still better than what I can find them for on eBay or locally.  If any Aussies know a better deal, please speak up!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

The standalone colour Dredd figure is one of the figures available for order on the Hiya site.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Link Prime

My LCS - Big Bang Comics in Dublin - have the lot of 'em, either in stock at RRP or available for pre-order at RRP.
They ship internationally too.

I haven't bought any of them yet - waiting to see if they they get stocked in Dealz by next Christmas ;)

Link Prime

Barrington Boots

Cheers Link! Although I can't seem to get an option to post outside of Ireland.
I've been dithering about buying the DJs, but I'm definitely picking up Mean, when he's available.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 30 January, 2023, 02:00:05 PMThe HIYA site now has everything they listed before - which isn't quite everything (no Mean Machine, no Anderson with Lawmaster) - as up for pre-order.  All standard figures are $19.99 US, with the Klegg and Lawmaster Dredd being more expensive.  Regular Dredd is back in stock.

There's a warning on each item reminding you it's a pre-order.  It says shipping should be sometime between 14th February and May!  Given Fear, Mortis, etc are in the shops I would assume and hope they'd send them out closer to now than to May.  And 14th February is only a fortnight away.

The flat-rate shipping adds $10 for every item, though six standard figures were showing as $48 postage for me; adding the Dredd with Lawmaster took it to $54, so there is some tiny bit of saving there.

Still, at $30 US per figure including postage, it's still better than what I can find them for on eBay or locally.  If any Aussies know a better deal, please speak up!

It's weird; the site has reverted to how it was before.  The Dredd with Lawmaster and the B&W Mortis and B&W Dredd are gone.  Also, the pre-order items have gone back to being unorderable.  Still, they've taken my money and sent me e-mails confirming the orders (though only 7 of the 8), so I guess it all worked.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

I've read a couple of comments that say the forearms on the Dredd figure are on the wrong arms.  Apparently they can be swapped but as the forearms don't intentionally come off, you have to heat them to do it.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Link Prime

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 03 February, 2023, 12:09:10 PMAlthough I can't seem to get an option to post outside of Ireland.

They defo post internationally, I have a pal in London who has purchased from them previously.

Drop them an email for a quote; info@bigbangcomics.ie

Dash Decent

My figures direct from Hiya arrived in the Sydney-Melbourne Conurb today.  They look good.  Small of course, but good.

I haven't seen pack shots of some of the characters so here are Hershey and Anderson, plus Giant and some DJs.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll