Main Menu

Bad Wolf site now live (Dr Who)

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 03 June, 2005, 05:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamuelAWilkinson

>Wll that stuffs that theory. Is that actually in the show? Could cause some problems for them later on, what with the regeneration limit and all...

Of course it could be a different Ninth Doctor...

Those problems have already been caused, they've just been steadfastly ignored. I can't remember the story, but I think it was either during the Tom Baker or Peter Davidson eras when a baddie uses some machine to view the Doctor's various regenerations, during which there's about eight incarnations before William Hartnell (who, incidentally, were played by members of the crew). So the whole regeneration limit's been up the spout for a long time. The only thing to do is ignore it and nobody ever refer to a limit ever again.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Tu-plang

*fan mode*

Fegbarr, that was "The Brain of Morbius" starring Tom Baker, in a scene where the Doctor and Morbius go head-to-head in some mind game thing.  The theory is that the other faces were Morbius' previous regenerations.

The new series is doing what the old one did - when decade-old continuity gets in the way of a good story, ignore it.  Thats why there are something like three destructions of Atlantis.

SamuelAWilkinson

Hmmm? Really?

That's not what my nerdish copy of 'a brief history of the universe' or whatever says.

But onto more important matters.
Anyone listened to the sound played during the opening little movie wotsit? There's some kind of singing on there, but my limit talent with audio manipulation means I can't quite work out what.

The Amstor Computer

IIRC, it's the Blake poem "The Sick Rose":

O Rose thou art sick!
The invisible worm
That flies in the night
In the howling storm,

Has found out thy bed
Of crimson joy:
And his dark secret love
Does thy life destroy.

Very creepy & suggestive...

Carlsborg Expert

Like Roses life as she was planning it to be is destroy.

By the worm of time heralding the Doctor?

Artificial Idiot

And here was me thinking it was 'Who's afraid of the big bad wolf'.... Tsk.

The Amstor Computer

"And here was me thinking it was 'Who's afraid of the big bad wolf'.... Tsk."

Heh. Well, I think the two are mixed together, along with some other SFX.

SamuelAWilkinson

It certainly is "Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf". This bit, to be exact:

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf
Big bad wolf, big bad wolf?
Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?
Tra la la la la

Came the day when fate did frown
And the wolf blew into town
With a gruff "puff-puff" he puffed just enough
And the hay house fell right down

Where did you get the Blake from?

The Amstor Computer

"Where did you get the Blake from?"

The song on the Revelations page - "Big Bad Wolf - French Chansons". Sorry, I was getting mixed up with the bit you were talking about!

opaque

Do you know, the first time I heard that I thought it was ging-gang-goolie mixed with it!

I love what they are doing with the websites though.

paulvonscott

I dunno, I can easily imagine the 'free-thinking' session that produced the phrase 'Who's afraid of the big bad wolf' very easily.  Of course it doesn't make sense in the context of the show!

Who was it that said Micky becomes Davros? I dunno, I think that might work.

Artificial Idiot

I think the theory is that Adam (the bloke from Corrie) becomes Darvos. Although I hope not, as I never want to see him in the show again personally...

(The Corrie bloke, not Darvos!)

paulvonscott

Heh, that was it, that's the worst theory I've ever heard.

The Micky one is gold though.

WoD

Mr C

Well, if you look at the guest star list on IMDB for the final episode...

Link: http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0436992/guests" target="_blank">Major accidental spoiler!