Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2020

Started by Dash Decent, 27 June, 2019, 01:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citi-Def_Joe

Quote from: sheridan on 08 June, 2020, 09:57:42 PM
Quote from: Citi-Def_Joe on 08 June, 2020, 06:37:44 PM
Also noticed that the "bagged with the Megazine" 421 will be the Vigilant: Origins, ("by Tom Tully, Eric Bradbury, Frank Pepper, Donnie Avenell and more")

I probably said when the first one came out - we could have done with something like that earlier, for all of us who aren't old enough to be familiar with the multitude of characters who got smashed together.

Yep agree, I started reading comics in the 1980s as a kid and even when i got even more in to comics as i got older, comics history was largely focused on US stuff, older British stuff rarely came on my radar apart from some old annuals i had from the 70s.

Its come to the fore more in recent years  thanks to the likes of Hibernia Press and of course Treasury of British comics  but there is host of stuff i know next to nothing about, so anything like this to act as a primer is welcome.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Quote from: sheridan link=topic=45894.msg1029978#msg1029978
That makes it sound like there's a new series of Quatermass?  Or am I misreading it?

Ah, if only. No- the John Mills one. Currently being repeated weekly on TalkingPicturesTV. Sorry to briefly make your heart pound. Although why there's NOT a new series of Quatermass, well that's a question I would never even like to begin to answer.

SBT

MacabreMagpie

"John Wagner and Colin MacNeil reunite for a Dredd tale that reflects on America Jara's legacy; a Mega-City One unlike one you've ever seen before in "Megatropolis"; an alien cult encounter Judge Death in "Deliverance"; travel back to the early days of the Judges in the gritty thriller "Dreadnoughts"; and The Returners are back, fighting their way through Brit-Cit! Plus there's a very special complete Lawless story, a one-off Anderson, Psi-Div story from Maura McHugh, interviews, features and in the bagged mini-trade, the first installment of the serialized 2000 AD encyclopedia!"

That all sounds interesting!

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL201383?fbclid=IwAR308TPM--9I89mCKeYtX5YKi67NL6zoiprN9DC-3B5gOEodyf0IBOpYPLw

broodblik

Looks promising some interesting new stories starting. You can not go wrong with a Wagner/MacNeil Dredd
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Quote from: MacabreMagpie on 19 June, 2020, 02:02:08 PMand in the bagged mini-trade, the first installment of the serialized 2000 AD encyclopedia!"

That all sounds interesting!

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL201383?fbclid=IwAR308TPM--9I89mCKeYtX5YKi67NL6zoiprN9DC-3B5gOEodyf0IBOpYPLw

Is that anything we've had before, repackaged?

Colin YNWA

Wow there is so much to digest there. So much, one of the most exciting solicitations I can remember.

Firstly whatever that cover is for with the Aztec monster God thingie (or whatever) - well wow that's an eye popper!

Second 
Quote"a terrifying spirit lurks in a Cornish fishing port in a mysterious new series"
cool me intrigued I'm loosing track of the new stories but I think this one has been teased?

Then STICKLEBACK - I think we knew this... didn't we... we knew this was on the way back... right?

And that's just the Prog!

Then there's the Meg with

QuotePlus there's a very special complete Lawless story
- well all Lawless is special but this sounds very interesting.

AND Wagner and MacNeil on Dredd AND the aforementioned 1st part of the 2000ad Encyclopedia - man that's a GREAT use of the floppie. I fully expect this to be all loving hardbound soon after like Thrillpower Overload.

And that's just the MEG!

Then we also have two Specials and a trade in Concrete Jungle that we knew about but I'm really looking forward to - still juggling with the Webshop exclusive on Concrete Jungle.

THEN

Another edition of America but looks like this will have more than the first story. I'm assuming they aren't recolouring Colin MacNeil's art and that refers to the other stories being coloured by John Higgins. But another version of America just the same - I just splashed £20 on the script version!

Wow Tharg is whippin' them droids hard to keep churning out the good stuff that's for sure.

broodblik

Glad that we have Stickleback back and at last the  return of Slaine. 

This looks just to cool for words:

sintec

That is one striking image - giant baby head worm things I mean what's not to love

Colin YNWA

We're getting a complete Major Eazy collection from The Treasury - did we know that? Titan had one collection but the second never made it out. Now we get another crack at it and this time I suspect we'll make it to the end.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/carlos-ezquerras-major-eazy-gets-a-complete-collection-in-2021/

Interesting choice given the old editions are still available and I wonder how many will double dip? I'll get the second volume defo but will see if there's content in the first I don't have... or will I get suckered into getting a matching set? The page count suggest I'll not need to, we'll see.

Bolt-01

There was a link on the news page - Major Easy news!

However, and this may betray my ignorance - but what did Alan Hebden do on the Stainless Steel Rat?

According to Barney the strip was all written by Kelvin Gosnell. Am I wrong?

maryanddavid

Nope Dave you are not, Kelvin wrote the adaptation of SSR, and has some original tales too, but events etc.

Bolt-01

Heh - the news release has been tweaked now it says Rat Pack. However, some folk have not realised the error and reported.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 22 June, 2020, 09:11:15 PM
I'll get the second volume defo but will see if there's content in the first I don't have...

Ahem... Rebellion's experienced Reprographics team have restored all the original colour pages, which have never been reprinted before.
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 23 June, 2020, 09:51:03 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 22 June, 2020, 09:11:15 PM
I'll get the second volume defo but will see if there's content in the first I don't have...

Ahem... Rebellion's experienced Reprographics team have restored all the original colour pages, which have never been reprinted before.

What, what now, its not as if I'm actually going to pay attention when I read something is it... I mean i read my own posts back and look at them...

... errr thanks for the clarification on what I might expect!