Keeping Dredd in the public eye!

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 14 June, 2012, 07:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKD

Dredd pics on http://www.scificool.com/behind-the-scenes-pics-from-dredd/

Only one comment so far, by some twit who can't spell September. :D

Stew. 

Frank

Rotten Tomatoes has one of those 'Want-To-See' clickers that makes you feel like you're doing something to help the film (currently only 96%), and some breathtakingly obtuse 'reviews'.

Why not put them right? http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dredd/#want_to_see

SmallBlueThing

Im doing my bit for keeping dredd in the public eye by loudly saying "AH NOOOO YOUD SAY DAT!" everytime anyone speaks to me in shops or the street. Every single time. Anyone. Anyone at all.

SBT

Frank

Nineties Megazine artist Cyril Julien is explaining why the Stallone film's uniform is much more faithful to the comic design than the new film's version here:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=61756

You'll recognise at least one other contributor's signature posting style too.

Steve Green

Rather funny that the pics he posts of his work, after moaning about the grubbiness of the DNA version compared to the Stallone blingfest, is Dredd scruffy looking, knackered pads, etc.

mogzilla

Dredd items for your avatars on xbox live and the ps3 equivelant there are millions who use that ! we could replenish the judges numbers from chaos day just by sitting on our arses playing games!  imagine full uniforms or just a helmet option!

strontium71

...because I hate you.

Steve Green

Quote from: mogzilla on 16 June, 2012, 11:17:47 AM
Dredd items for your avatars on xbox live and the ps3 equivelant there are millions who use that ! we could replenish the judges numbers from chaos day just by sitting on our arses playing games!  imagine full uniforms or just a helmet option!

They already did something similar with littlebigplanet.

Don't know if it was instigated by a fan at media molecule, or if it came from Rebellion though.

As a sidenote, Microsoft banned firearms as Avatar purchases at the beginning of the year...

Frank

Quote from: Steve Green on 16 June, 2012, 11:07:20 AM
Rather funny that the pics he posts of his work, after moaning about the grubbiness of the DNA version compared to the Stallone blingfest, is Dredd scruffy looking, knackered pads, etc.

Yep. I think the other point that several forum members tried (unsuccessfully) to get across to him was that having drawn Dredd doesn't necessarily make your opinion on film adapatations any more relevant than having read Dredd.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 15 June, 2012, 10:43:58 PM
Im doing my bit for keeping dredd in the public eye by loudly saying "AH NOOOO YOUD SAY DAT!" everytime anyone speaks to me in shops or the street. Every single time. Anyone. Anyone at all.

SBT

That's probably doing more harm than good.

SmallBlueThing

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 17 June, 2012, 02:49:29 PM
Ah noo yood say dat.

Yes, and I knew you'd say that.  Now stop this.  It's silly.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 17 June, 2012, 03:32:23 PM

Yes, and I knew you'd say that.  Now stop this.  It's silly.

Says the man being accosted by a J.Imp.

Frank

When I got in from work on Friday evening and saw those set photographs from Dredd, I imagined they'd be the subject of the same kind of coverage the official pictures and poster received recently. When they hadn't been picked up in the first few hours, I started contacting the various contributors on sites like Ain't it Cool who had posted previous Dredd news; and again, when news of this Wednesday's advance screening broke.

Not a jot or titter.

It might sound obvious to some of the hardened newshounds among you, but I'd never realised how contingent the definition of news was. If those pictures and word of advance screenings had come from Lionsgate's/Entertainment's Press office, they would have been obediently posted alongside the 'scoops' on Abraham Lincoln and the Thundercats cartoon series those same sites have been spoon fed by PR wonks.

I'd really bought the bullshit line that the dawn of the information age meant we were all citizen journalists. I hope Dredd's distributors have employed some super-connected marketing mavens to act on their behalf; because it seems to me that unless nerd-news aggregators are scared of pissing off someone they might be counting on for exclusive access to Robert Pattinson in the near future, news isn't really newsworthy.

Makes you wonder who's doing the Syrian opposition's PR.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!