Main Menu

Walt Simonson's Ragnarok

Started by Link Prime, 02 April, 2019, 12:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Good news for fans of good comics- living legend Walt Simonson will be bringing back modern classic Ragnarok for a further 6 issue series this summer:

https://www.newsarama.com/44559-simonson-s-ragnarok-returns-with-the-breaking-of-helheim.html

Colin YNWA

Yep he mentioned it on Facebook - I'm super excited to see this back. 6 issues coming and I'm so stoked.

Link Prime

First issue of the new Ragnarok 6-parter out today, will have a reason to travel to my LCS on a Wednesday for the first time in ages (the new Vampirella series by Christoper Priest also a factor in that trip).

Colin YNWA

Have you read it yet. Its just superb!

Jim_Campbell

Tangent: I discovered via Twitter the other day that Simonson abandoned a career in palaeontology to pursue his artistic ambitions, which makes his signature suddenly make a lot more sense...!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 20 July, 2019, 08:49:35 PM

I have. It's good but it's all set up. Some of those pages of Odin's story are amazing though.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 July, 2019, 09:21:01 PM
Tangent: I discovered via Twitter the other day that Simonson abandoned a career in palaeontology to pursue his artistic ambitions, which makes his signature suddenly make a lot more sense...!

Ha! I never knew that. The signature does make a lot of sense.

Oh yes but what set up. And that summary of Ragnarok was quite something.

Link Prime

Quote from: I, Cosh on 20 July, 2019, 09:24:42 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 20 July, 2019, 08:49:35 PM

I have. It's good but it's all set up. Some of those pages of Odin's story are amazing though.

My favorite sequence in this issue. The panel with the corpses of the Fenrir Wolves wrapped around the sun and moon was inspired.

Reading the comments from Simonson in the back, I find it interesting that hes planning this to be continued for some time to come. I had assumed it would be wrapped up after this and maybe one more 6-issue series.
He better keep munching those Idunn apple slices.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 29 July, 2019, 03:38:54 PM
Reading the comments from Simonson in the back, I find it interesting that hes planning this to be continued for some time to come. I had assumed it would be wrapped up after this and maybe one more 6-issue series.
He better keep munching those Idunn apple slices.

Yeah I was so chuffed to read that in the back matter. I figured it was a labour of love but hard work so would get wrapped up BUT looks like I under estimated the might Mr Simonson.