Main Menu

America vs Judge Child - Dredd Epics Ranked - Better! Quarter Final 1

Started by Colin YNWA, 05 April, 2021, 06:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean SD

AlexF

Look, these two stories couldn't be more different. And goodness knows I've derived vast amounts of pleasure from both. I will say that of all Dredd epics, these have a case for being the two best drawn, one by a single aritsts, one by a trip of people each at the top of the game and perfectly paired with the material.

But America is better. Plainly so!

Funt Solo

If the argument is legacy, and the value is entertainment, then the answer is The Judge Child, and the reason is Mean Machine.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

BPP

I mean America could have run in the prog as Dredd in 6 page instalments and we'd have all lapped it up as a 10 part wagner epic so under the weird rules of this tourney (which I love btw) I'm going to vote America

Those judge child double page spreads are still the bollox tho.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Bolt-01

WhizzBang

Rogue Judge

Last week and over the weekend I read 1) The Judge Child, 2) Destiny's Angels, 3) City of the Damned and 4) In the Year 2120 (via Case Files). It was a blast reading it together, all in order - I reccomend it!

Last month I read America (Essential collection) and enjoyed that too obviously; however,  I just had way too much reading through The Judge Child saga that today it gets my vote (surprising even me!).

DrJomster

Judge Child for high levels of varied creative fun! America is great, obvs, but a different kettle of fish from your standard epic.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Colin YNWA

Interesting one this one as the 'Is it an Epic' and 'Is it even Dredd' factors come into play in a couple of votes. Well here you only have today to make your mind up as I'm counting this one up in the morning so get your votes in today if you want to.

Magnetica

And quite right too that the question of "is it an epic?" come into it. After all the question is "which is the best epic?". The question "what is the best Dredd story?" is a different question.

Now the best Dredd epic might also be the best Dredd story but not necessarily. And if the best Dredd story happens not to be an epic, then by definition it can't be the best epic, no matter how good it is.

And if something's not even a Dredd story, then it can't be the best Dredd story nor can't be the best Dredd epic.

Sorry if that's all stating the obvious.😉

Link Prime

skurvy

I really meant to vote in all the earlier rounds but didn't keep up with it. So, sorry for just jumping in at the business end but my vote is for The Judge Child.