Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Lovely to see some in Deaf group of "EU vote in or out" are racists and Xenophobic...

COMMANDO FORCES

Your post tells me you approve Goaty  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Goaty

COMMANDO FORCES

News is just breaking that a 19 year old UK national tried to kill Trump in Vegas on Saturday.

GordonR

There's a considerable distance between 'arrested for trying to grab a cop's gun' and 'tried to kill Trump'.

A much more relevant Trump story is this one:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36579467

Not only is Trump's campaign not massively staffing up as it should be at this point, but he's actually losing senior campaign people.

Hawkmumbler

BBCR4 seem's to be making a big deal out of this lad having autism. More strawmaning.  >:(

COMMANDO FORCES

From what the police have said, he planned this for a year, so I'll go with what they say for now, that's until he goes back to court and everything comes out.

Dandontdare

Chris Claremont says Captain Britain would vote remain - well that's enough for me.

As for Trump he simply isn't campaigning - raising funds, meeting special interest groups, making ads, organising telephone canvassers etc - he knows he can't win and has no intention of being president, he's already achieved his goal which is bigging up the Trump brand so he can cash in.

Gotta say though, after decades of watching the left continuously splitting and schisming it's fun to watch the Tories and the GOP tear themselves apart

GordonR

The Republican Party must be delighted they're ending up with a candidate who's only using the presidential elections for personal showboating.  Oh well, there's always the 2020 election...

Tiplodocus

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 21 June, 2016, 08:15:36 AM
From what the police have said, he planned this for a year, so I'll go with what they say for now, that's until he goes back to court and everything comes out.

I heard them mention the "plan for a year" on the radio this morning.  I've got to say, if you live in a country where you can buy an assault rifle in fifteen minutes but your plan relies on nicking a gun from an armed and trained cop then your planning skills leave something to be desired.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 21 June, 2016, 12:19:19 PM
if you live in a country where you can buy an assault rifle in fifteen minutes but your plan relies on nicking a gun from an armed and trained cop then your planning skills leave something to be desired.

Heh. I had the exact same thought — it's actually harder to legally surrender a firearm in the US than it is to buy one, and you decide your best move is to try and take one off someone who is a) trained how to use it, and b) conditioned and trained to resist exactly that scenario...?

Definitely not a criminal mastermind, that one. Possibly a time-traveller sent back from the future, however...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

GordonR

As assassination plans go, this one's more Coco the Clown than Carlos the Jackal.

The guy's obviously got problems, and Trump was never in any danger.  (Although the cop and surrounding bystanders might have been.)! I hope they don't throw the book at him.

Professor Bear

Quote from: GordonR on 21 June, 2016, 12:16:47 PM
The Republican Party must be delighted they're ending up with a candidate who's only using the presidential elections for personal showboating.  Oh well, there's always the 2020 election...

Clinton's support has consisted of those thinking "it's time" for a female president, those who believe her shift to the left to be real rather than a response to her rivals, and those who don't want Trump to win - all of whom will disappear from the political landscape if she's the incumbent in 2020.  Her high disapproval ratings even among those who intend to vote for her - combined with her bending with every wind where Bush or Obama would stand firm to their plan no matter how unpopular it was - give Clinton the stink of a one-termer.

SuperSurfer

I must say, I find the fact that a certain presidential candidate* is a friend and great admirer of Henry Kissinger rather scary.

*Clinton.

TordelBack

The great thing about Trump is that he makes a Clinton presidency seem almost palatable. Very little else would.

Did we all see the Colbert skit where he revisits the infamous Quantum Leap episode where Sam gives the child Donald advice on real estate?