Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

I'm playing The Last of Us Re-Mastered.  It took me about an hour to get into it, and normally I hate stealth games, but by god this is sooooo goooood.  Fairly linear, but nice largish maps that allow a bit of tactical thinking (a bit Rogue Trooper style), but really it's the story and the charatcers that do it for me.  It's one of those 'I must find out what happens in the next bit, oops it's 3am' kind of games.  Really bloody good!

ThryllSeekyr

I actually got killed in a nearly two-day marathon run of the game Mountain  :lol:

I also found this classic game that I have read about in a old gamer mag years ago now....

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream

I sat through the introduction and chose the one of the few broken leading characters made available to the player. None of them were perfect and some superior A.I. has somehow harvested them from their various comfort zones to send them on missions that might give back to them what they had lost if they succeed in them.

Actually, I'm just giving you a vague recollection of what I remember of the game written description and what I played of it.

I wasn't prepared to do much with it at first and will get back to some time later when I can record my game play. It looks like very old game, but one that looks good and even by today's standard. It has retro appeal and I was interested in this one since I first read about it.

Oh my.....I think I want to be ugly again  :o

Guess which two characters I played first.....

One of them was the least broken of the lot of them....

While the title of the game itself reminds me of problems close to home (There was a time when I felt the need to something, but couldn't!) and that it may be altered for comedic effect.

(Replacing the Asterix!).....!

I HAVE NO * AND I MUST *

It's weird stuff.

Theblazeuk

I can't believe someone made that story into a game.

Victory was killing your friends before the machine can stop you.

Grugz

knights of the old republic 2: the sith lords   loved these back in the day and even though my 360 forgets how to do lightsaber noises and pew pews in the middle of a battle requiring a restart its still top just need to actually find my own saber now I'm off telos.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

CheechFU

Invisible, Inc.
Fuck my life simulator  :'(

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: CheechFU on 22 August, 2014, 11:10:22 PM
Invisible, Inc.
Fuck my life simulator  :'(

I brought that one and was very impressed when I played it for a few minutes. I didn't last long, but at the time I wasn't prepared to invest much thought or time into it just yet.

Maybe some other time.

Keef Monkey

Played through ACIV: Freedom Cry, quite a decent bit of DLC that. There aren't a whole load of missions and most of the ones there are the usual tail/eavesdrop snoozefests, but there are a couple of quite powerful moments and it doesn't shy away from the horrors of slavery. Mainly it was just nice to get in a boat again, that stuff was ace in Black Flag and it's still ace here.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Just finished Wolfenstein: New Order.

I really enjoyed it, but think I need a break from shooters.

The final boss was the hardest I've played since Doom's Cyberdemon.

Lock up your spoons!

Theblazeuk

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (iPhone). Once I got used to the anime stylings, I am thoroughly enjoying this - perfect mobile game as you can stop and start anywhere.

Hawkmumbler

Five Nights at Freddy's is an indi-horror game thats takes the old point and click routine and MAKES JT SO INTENSE YOU SHIT YOURSELF EVERY TIME THE BLOODY DOLL'S GET NEAR YOU!

Keef Monkey

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 25 August, 2014, 01:11:09 PM

He was nails for sure. Weirdly, on the regular difficulty it took me a ton of very frustrating attempts and left a bad taste in my mouth, but just beat the game last night on I Am Death Incarnate difficulty and found him strangely easier.

Might have just been the choice of weapon and the fact that, knowing what was coming, I made sure my health was supercharged before heading down.

I was so relieved to kill him I grabbed a video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXnmW3fzsp8&list=UUqToTCBMccEQuIBblDDzhow

Really good game, especially when it gives you options to get around levels and either stealth or go crazy.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 27 August, 2014, 07:41:44 AM
Five Nights at Freddy's is an indi-horror game thats takes the old point and click routine and MAKES JT SO INTENSE YOU SHIT YOURSELF EVERY TIME THE BLOODY DOLL'S GET NEAR YOU!

I got that one as well, and played it last night... Not sure what to but click on to each camera box to until you find where the missing mechanical creature went....

I don't really know what I can do beyond clicking on different camera boxes until my allocated recording time run out.

Not much I can do after that.......

Yeah, it snuck up on me and that was that.

Rog69

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 27 August, 2014, 09:38:00 AM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 25 August, 2014, 01:11:09 PM

He was nails for sure. Weirdly, on the regular difficulty it took me a ton of very frustrating attempts and left a bad taste in my mouth, but just beat the game last night on I Am Death Incarnate difficulty and found him strangely easier.

Might have just been the choice of weapon and the fact that, knowing what was coming, I made sure my health was supercharged before heading down.

I was so relieved to kill him I grabbed a video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXnmW3fzsp8&list=UUqToTCBMccEQuIBblDDzhow

Really good game, especially when it gives you options to get around levels and either stealth or go crazy.

I recently finished this too and it's probably the most fun I've had in a shooter for a  good while.

That final boss was pain, it probably took me 5-6 attempts on normal difficulty and the biggest annoyance was the save point just before the final confrontation, having to spend 5 minutes running around each time to collect all the ammo etc before dropping through the hole was a little bit tedious.

Grugz

star wars battlefront original ...awesome...just trying to get my mitts on the sequel.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Theblazeuk

I was about to finish Far Cry 3 but then it wiped my saves :/ not starting again!