Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

I haven't played Elite Dangerous since the earlier morning of Boxing Day.

Which is bad seeing they will be giving 10,000 to the very first person who reaches Elite status, in all three categories.

I might start soon....

I spent all day yesterday playing Brutal Legend and loving it's dark larger than life cartoonish atmosphere. It's like watching fantasy animation from 70's (With it's look!) or 80's (With some of it's music!).

And there are similarities to Slaine (I guess it would have to be The Horned God!). Eddie Riggs looks like a completely different  of Slaine if he ever was a Roadie wielding guitar and a axe that could almost be Brain-Biter. A Hot-Rod that could almost be his chariot. The red-robed cultists who remind me of Druids/Drunes. The atmosphere might just be that of Tir-Nan-Og a thousand or so years B.C. or some cross between the rural country side of Britain (With assortment of Stone Circles including Blade-Henge or the Midwest of America. There is even something like Mount Rushmore, but totally different with now of the American Presidents carved on to them.

I love the idea about how magic/power is derived by the devotion of loyal Heavy Metal fans funnel up through the ground like geysers. The only people who matter in this place are the rock gods.

I also played the Multiplayer game.

I am about as far into the single player as....the part where they had sent the bad dude (I unfortunate fellow, wearing a wig of to too much hair, makeup and a pink denim jacket opened at the front to a revealed a hairy chest! Showing the true dark side of that very well known alternative lifestyle! The hero's are similar but with no make up and a more moderate covering or hair! They look like true rockers.) way after setting up a stage and having a couple of battles.

I also haven't beat the Scottish accented Half-Titan-Troll-Sea-Monster in his Hot-Rod challenge.

It doesn't help that I need to keep nearly all my fingers over the buttons for Ignition W, Reverse S, Nitro/Boost Left-Shift,  Moving forward Y, Turning, G & J, Handbrake Spacebar). I remapped the keys a few times, before settling on this configuration. The movement keys also also the same for Eddie running around.

I think that game was cheating me in that regard there, felt like it forcing me to peddle a bike, as it I had to keep my finger on the ignition and the direction key I was using at the time. Along with continuously boosting. I never won that race.

I love the intro with a real world Jack Black showing you this rare record album in a second hand music store somewhere in the states. The game is accessed and other parts of it are accessed on the record cover, the inside cover, and the record itself.

This game has a real 70's/80's heavy-metal fantasy vibe to it. It's abit like watching the film of the same name.

I, Cosh

Dark Souls. I'm not very good at it.
We never really die.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: The Cosh on 03 January, 2015, 02:40:33 PM
Dark Souls. I'm not very good at it.

You're not supposed to be!  That is one stupidly tough game. Watch every step, check every corner, think ahead - and still die over and over!

JamesC

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

A really charming and elegantly simple puzzle platformer. I'm really enjoying it and have feeling it may become a favourite of mine. It's likely to stay in the shadow of the big Wii U blockbusters like Bayonetta, MarioKart and Smash Bros but I'd definitely recommend picking it up if you have a Wii U.

Rog69

I was just coming here to say Dark Souls 2.

I picked this up in the Steam sale knowing full well that the game is brutally hard but I didnt half make it harder than it needed to be, I spent the first several hours of play stuck in RTFM mode, it got a lot easier when I realised that -

A. levelling isn't done automatically based on an XP system, you have to buy level ups with enemy souls.
B. You can block and parry enemy attacks.
C. There is an NPC right near the start who gives you a health replenishing flask.

Also failing to get my head around the weapon degradation system meant that I ruined my starter weapon and had to fight through a good chunk of the forest level wielding the equivalent of a butter knife until something better dropped.

I am absolutely loving the game though  :D.

Grugz

finished call of duty advanced warfare last night and enjoyed it a lot! nice to see they actually spent some time on the single player campaign for a change for us who don't do online gaming. kev spacey was brilliant but only gripes were the unclear qtes which got me killed a few time and the end level [spoiler]where I had to chase spacey down and not make a single mistake where he can get a little way ahead of me [/spoiler]

after  many many tries I finally did it!

also downloading assassins creed revelations and cursing my old 20gb box as I have to delete things before I can play something else

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Ghost MacRoth

Dishonoured

Had never heard of it, but my brother figured it was my kinda thing (sneaky murderous first person stuff) and got me it for my birthday.  Great game!  All steampunkish and weirdly future past imperfect!  One of the best things about it, was the maps making sense.  You know that way where you decide to take a non-direct route, and in some games get to a small ridge, that jou should easily jump....but can't, due to the invisible wall denot5ing the edge of the map?  This doesn't do that shit.  The edges are obviously unpassable....too high to climb, too wide to jump, etc.  A simple thing, but it makes a difference to me. 

The DLC's are included in the GOTY version, and show a nice counterpoint to the main tale.  If you like a bit of FPS action, with the option of killing everything, or stealth and subtlety (that's what Mr 'Arke says....), with a healthy dose of magic, mayhem, and murderous swarms of rats.....nip onto steam and buy this!  It's under a tenner, and well worth it. :D
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Hawkmumbler

Good call. nabbed that in the steam sale the other day. Gonna get on it tomorrow.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 03 January, 2015, 06:03:59 PM
Dishonoured

Had never heard of it, but my brother figured it was my kinda thing (sneaky murderous first person stuff) and got me it for my birthday.  Great game!  All steampunkish and weirdly future past imperfect!  One of the best things about it, was the maps making sense.  You know that way where you decide to take a non-direct route, and in some games get to a small ridge, that jou should easily jump....but can't, due to the invisible wall denot5ing the edge of the map?  This doesn't do that shit.  The edges are obviously unpassable....too high to climb, too wide to jump, etc.  A simple thing, but it makes a difference to me. 

The DLC's are included in the GOTY version, and show a nice counterpoint to the main tale.  If you like a bit of FPS action, with the option of killing everything, or stealth and subtlety (that's what Mr 'Arke says....), with a healthy dose of magic, mayhem, and murderous swarms of rats.....nip onto steam and buy this!  It's under a tenner, and well worth it. :D

Play the DLC. I did, and it was really worth it. There are two that continue the story: The Knife of Dunawall and the Brigmore Witches and both are really good. The first and last levels are stunning.
Lock up your spoons!

Ghost MacRoth

Yeah man, I did.  They were indeed fun.  Like I said, it was a nice counterpoint to the main tale, as it had a very different vibe (I thought).  Just wish it had been a bigger success so there would be more to it.....but I'll leave it a while, then go in and do it one more time!

Oh, and I really liked that you don't have to wait for the bad guys to stop their monologue before ramming a knife in the side of their heads!  Too many games put you in a duel with the end of level boss, when the sensible thing would be to destroy them at distance, and this allows for that. :D
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Rog69

I really enjoyed Dishonoured too. It is rumoured that the sequel is still over a year away so it's a shame there doesn't seem to be any further DLC planned, the two single player add ons were very good and it would be nice to have something more to bridge the gap until then.

Having said that, it's one of the very few recent games that I feel like giving another play-through.

Ghost MacRoth

A sequel you say??  Well you just made my day!

The Enigmatic Dr X

It's not confirmed. I'd like it to be true. That, and Rage 2.
Lock up your spoons!

Ghost MacRoth

Hell, considering I had no idea about the game till I was gifted it, I'll take the rumour of a sequel and happily run with it!

Zenith 666

Dishonored (dishonoured) was great but having recently seen YouTube videos of others playing it I've realised I was playing it wrong by using stealth when what I should have been doing was slaughtering every person in game.Pacifist playthrough was incredible and you don't [spoiler]have to kill any of your main targets.branding the high overseer was a particular favourite.[/spoiler]also anyone playing Dark souls or Dark souls 2 the wikis are indispensable for a character build that suits your style of play managing your souls for leveling up and weapon management while they keep spoilers to a minimum.the joy of discovering the games secrets for yourself is unsurpassed in gaming(barring a last minute free kick in FIFA).