Main Menu

Prog 2127 - Have you had your Thrill Fix ?

Started by 73north, 14 April, 2019, 10:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73north

surprised this has not been reviewed yet !
anyway =
still enjoying the new Judge Dredd Story ( Part 2 ) THE LONG GAME by Michael Carroll
whilst Kingmaker was again very good ( highlight of the prog for me )
whilst I am glad Survival Geeks finished in the prog -
for me its a series that I don't really care that
much for , but as long as it keeps Gordon Rennie writing for 2000AD -  then I don't mind
( as long as we get a new series of Jaegir sooner rather than later - a huge reason to subscribe to 2000AD
Max Normal was again not bad while Scarlet Traces sees Earth in trouble
with the Martian Fleet

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

Tjm86

Ditto.  Meg - yes.  Prog - no.

Then again, neighbour two doors down brought contact lens pack that had been shoved through her door.
Perhaps postie should have borrowed some ...

Will see what today does/nt bring.

CalHab

It landed on my doormat on Saturday and it's a pretty good prog. Not up to last week's, but still enjoyable and no duffers.

Dredd is a bit exposition heavy, hopefully things pick up next week.

Survival Geeks wraps up well and has a wonderful homage to Marvel on the last page. It suggests the next series will be the last and I'll be sad to see it go, there's nothing else like it in the prog these days and there should always be a place for something light-hearted in 2000AD.

Kingmaker shows some great promise but once again treads the line between homage and copy. I'm not sure it's the right side of the line this week. Maybe there's a twist next week?

Scarlet Traces benefits from some magnificent artwork. Lovely stuff.

Max Normal remains a highlight, but the clever wordplay of previous weeks isn't quite there. Still great, though. Dan Cornwell is doing great work just now.

Geoff

Apologies to the folks who didn't get their prog this Saturday - I got 2 copies! And the Meg.  Both addressed to me, so not depriving another Squax of his thrill-power. Some poor droid is due a visit to Mek Quake!

The Dredd story is interesting, not much need for Dredd though, more like a Brubaker/Phillips Criminal story.

Enjoying Max, Kingmaker and Scarlett Traces.  Agree with what was said above, that Kingmaker's on thin ice...but still enjoying it.  A fair-to-middling prog this week. 

Tjm86

Quote from: Geoff on 15 April, 2019, 11:12:24 AM
Apologies to the folks who didn't get their prog this Saturday - I got 2 copies! And the Meg.  Both addressed to me, so not depriving another Squax of his thrill-power. Some poor droid is due a visit to Mek Quake!

never had this trouble with Denise ..... <shaking head emoticon>

sheridan

That tag-line matches Betteridge's Law of Headlines, to whit: "Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no."

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 15 April, 2019, 01:37:58 PM
That tag-line matches Betteridge's Law of Headlines, to whit:
"Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no."

Beaker

"I've got 'em.....I just ain't scratching!'

Dandontdare

Me neither, hoping it will be on the mat when I get home today - but when prog 2125 failed to arrive, I had to call the subs line for the first time in ages - the young lady I spoke to was no Denise, but she was equally helpful and efficient and had a replacement prog out to me in a a couple of days.

Colin YNWA

Mines arrived at last, so I guess Geoff has someone elses... anyway pretty much worth the wait.

I'm finding the Dredd very interesting. A tighter, darker look at Mega City crimal organisation. One thing did lose me, am I meant to be aware why having a body broken down to the cellualr level can bring down a whole criminal organisation?

Hmmm Survival Geeks ended its story.... except its decided to add a tired pastiche of Silver Surfer out of leftfield. The bit inbetween was really rather fun however.

Scarlet Traces was fantastic. All action, all tension all wonderful.

As was Max Normal, really enjoying this one I love the lighthearted vibe barely hiding the melancholy.

Kingmaker was brilliant as well... yet when you break it down very little happened... but very little happened very well and very engagingly!

Overall very good Prog.

Richard

I assumed that bit in Dredd is going to be explained later.

Magnetica

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 April, 2019, 09:03:06 PM
I'm finding the Dredd very interesting. A tighter, darker look at Mega City crimal organisation. One thing did lose me, am I meant to be aware why having a body broken down to the cellualr level can bring down a whole criminal organisation?

I assume it allows the Judges to do some sort of DNA trace of people you have been in contact with. Seems a bit too much of a powerful investigation tool...

Is it me or is some of the colouring in Dredd a bit confusing? When Tomlinson is shown being taken out by Dredd he has grey hair. In the meeting with the Kindred he has reddish brown hair.

Also Fischer's hair seems to change from blonde to red and then to a sort of strawberry blonde.