Main Menu

Prog by App?

Started by Beeks, 10 May, 2012, 09:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beeks

I know there's a digital prog..but is their any plans to tie in with any of the comic apps?

Does this already exist?

Would love to just download progs to my iPhone
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Goaty

a chosen rider

When the same-week digital was announced there were also references to further future plans for digital distribution, so there could be a 2000 AD specific app on the cards:

Quote from: Molch-R on 30 March, 2012, 03:38:57 PMAs to why Rebellion has chosen to make the switch to in-house digital distribution, Molcher said "we've got plenty of plans for the future of digital at '2000 AD,' so it made sense to do it ourselves. ... We are also very excited to announce that we are currently working on a new digital platform for '2000 AD.' More details will be unveiled over the next couple of months."
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

Beeks

"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Goaty

Quote from: Beeks on 10 May, 2012, 09:28:43 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 10 May, 2012, 09:09:28 PM
iBooks.

You can't get progs on iBooks Goaty

Yes, as you order from Click-Wheel, you can transfer PDF from it to your iPhone.

Beeks

Quote from: Goaty on 10 May, 2012, 09:30:14 PM
Quote from: Beeks on 10 May, 2012, 09:28:43 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 10 May, 2012, 09:09:28 PM
iBooks.

You can't get progs on iBooks Goaty

Yes, as you order from Click-Wheel, you can transfer PDF from it to your iPhone.

That's the thing..I don't want the faff of computer to iPhone..I'm talking about it being downloaded straight to my handset

Pete Wells

Straight to iPad on Saturday Subs morning is the dream...

Trout

Quote from: Pete Wells on 10 May, 2012, 09:44:20 PM

It would be the impetus for me to get an iPad, and ditch the paper prog. Fingers crossed!

Goaty

Quote from: Trout on 10 May, 2012, 09:58:00 PM

It would be the impetus for me to get an iPad, and ditch the paper prog. Fingers crossed!

Got iPad two weeks ago, and now I read digital progs and meg, no more papers! :-)

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Trout on 10 May, 2012, 09:58:00 PM

Have an ipad but if saturday-subscriptions were available this'd be a definite.

Rog69

I've never really been interested in digi progs but I'm getting an Ipad soon so I may give it a go.

One thing I would like to know, are the digital progs restricted with DRM that would prevent me viewing it on another device in the future? The Ipad will be company issue so I wouldn't want to tie any progs I buy to it permanently.

a chosen rider

Quote from: Rog69 on 11 May, 2012, 10:18:30 AMOne thing I would like to know, are the digital progs restricted with DRM that would prevent me viewing it on another device in the future? The Ipad will be company issue so I wouldn't want to tie any progs I buy to it permanently.

Nope, you can download them as either PDF or CBZ files, completely DRM-free.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

Mudcrab

You're all heathens! Tools of the devil... grumble...
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

BPP

If subs all switch to digital its the end of the prog. PJ's cogent argument about page design on digital will come into play, paper sales will continually diminish and the vital joy of having a product in your hands, with all the narrative tricks and limits that implies, will dissipate. Comics are and need to be a separate THING, not just another display wrapper on an ipad.

Shellac had the right idea - when you bought their album on vinyl there was an unmarked CD of it, unadvertised, inside. It simply stated 'this is an inferior product' but allowed you 'have' the benefits of the digital format.

So - Free / Discounted digital progs for those that have a paper subscription.

KEEP 2000AD PRINTED.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

IndigoPrime

Alternatively: adapt or die. I don't doubt paper will remain for many years, but I'd hate it if Rebellion wasn't doing anything in digital while everyone else was. That's a sure-fire path to oblivion.