Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

Quote from: Funt Solo on 15 July, 2020, 05:17:30 PM
Quote from: Smith on 15 July, 2020, 05:14:58 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 15 July, 2020, 05:09:33 PM
I was taken into custody around that age for shoplifting. I've always considered that a valuable part of my education in life. Should they just have let me get on with it?
Were you arrested for saying shit on the internet?

Strange question: I already told you what I was arrested for. You're making the argument that racist abuse shouldn't be a crime - but it is, so you're bang out of luck on that score.
So its not the same.

Give an exact quote where I said that. No mind reading.

Smith

Quote from: sheridan on 15 July, 2020, 05:07:30 PM
Quote from: Smith on 15 July, 2020, 04:32:16 PM
Quote from: judgeurko on 15 July, 2020, 04:06:44 PM
Quote from: Smith on 15 July, 2020, 03:57:31 PM

Bit of an overkill?
No
Arresting 12 y.o. is the best use of police resources?

What should they have done?  By the time they find out the age of the perpetrator a lot of resources would already have been used.
I like to let people form their own opinions.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Smith on 15 July, 2020, 05:25:08 PM
I was taken into custody around that age for shoplifting. I've always considered that a valuable part of my education in life. Should they just have let me get on with it?

Strange question: I already told you what I was arrested for. You're making the argument that racist abuse shouldn't be a crime - but it is, so you're bang out of luck on that score.
So its not the same.

You've equated "a series of racist messages" with "saying shit on the internet", and I've inferred from your stance that you think the boy should've gotten let off and not taken into custody. This would seem to lead to the conclusion that you think children should be allowed to send racist abuse with legal impunity. If I'm wrong, then what argument are you making?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JamesC

You asked if arresting a 12yr old was overkill and were responded to with "no".
You then asked if arresting a 12yr old was a good use of police resources and were provided with an example for the arrest of a 12yr old being a good use of resources. It was also stated that by the time of the arrest, much of the resource, the investigation, would already have been spent.
You then made the point that being arrested for online abuse was not the same as being arrested for shoplifting.

For what it's worth, I think online racist abuse is far worse than shoplifting and I'm glad they arrested the kid.
As far as punishment / rehabilitation goes, I hope the arrest put the shits up the abuser and I hope they find a way to make him reflect on what he's done and hopefully encourage him to grow up as a decent, non racist person.

Smith

Quote from: Funt Solo on 15 July, 2020, 05:37:47 PM
Quote from: Smith on 15 July, 2020, 05:25:08 PM

So its not the same.

You've equated "a series of racist messages" with "saying shit on the internet", and I've inferred from your stance that you think the boy should've gotten let off and not taken into custody. This would seem to lead to the conclusion that you think children should be allowed to send racist abuse with legal impunity. If I'm wrong, then what argument are you making?
Mindreading again. Point to where I said that.

Funt Solo

At this point I'm tempted to ask if you're twelve. Your original question was answered: perhaps we should leave it there.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Smith

Quote from: Funt Solo on 15 July, 2020, 05:44:21 PM
At this point I'm tempted to ask if you're twelve. Your original question was answered: perhaps we should leave it there.
So you got nothing beyond pulling "conclusions" about the other person outta your ass? I thought so.

Funt Solo

Well, I've got to keep them somewhere.  :D
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Smith

Quote from: Funt Solo on 15 July, 2020, 05:54:02 PM
Well, I've got to keep them somewhere.  :D
"HaHa,its all a joke,guys"

Funt Solo

Now that we're friends we can enjoy some music together.  :D
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Smith

Quote from: Funt Solo on 15 July, 2020, 06:02:30 PM
Now that we're friends we can enjoy some music together.  :D
Ok,boomer. But first tell me more about what I think.

JamesC

People are going to base their opinions about what you write by both the content, your demeanor and what you choose to respond to or bring up.
Making inferences is both natural and reasonable and does not constitute telling you what you think.

Smith

Quote from: JamesC on 15 July, 2020, 06:10:28 PM
People are going to base their opinions about what you write by both the content, your demeanor and what you choose to respond to or bring up.
Making inferences is both natural and reasonable and does not constitute telling you what you think.
Yes,it does.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Smith

Quote from: Funt Solo on 15 July, 2020, 06:12:53 PM
The Australian Dream - Official Trailer
"I outted myself as an empty shell incapable of having an opinion and when namecalling didnt work,I started spaming"