Main Menu

Southland

Started by Hoagy, 22 July, 2010, 10:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoagy

Southland. Cop drama, shaky camera may grind some nerves but I like it a lot.

It must be based on reality shows, like 48 hours and COPS but adds a twist of fiction with it.

It brings to mind, Wagner's Origins but much earlier continuation. Then I think how cool if I could see the Big Meg in a HBO series. And that it would have the power to thrill.

Yeah, I like this Southland.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Jim_Campbell

Yeah. I managed to watch about three quarters of the first episode before a combination of the nausea inducing camera work and the lack of a single interesting or sympathetic character sent me scrambling for the remote. I know it's a cliche, but perhaps I really am too old for this shit.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

Hasn't it been canceled already?

I thought it was alright, but as Jim points out, there's no-one to empathise with once the hilarity of seeing the main actor from the OC as a gruff copper wears off.  Of the last batch of new copper dramas, it's nowhere near as bad as The Bridge, but nowhere near as accessible as The Unusuals.

Paul faplad Finch

Quote from: Professah Byah on 22 July, 2010, 11:06:56 PM
Hasn't it been canceled already?

I checked it out when it started on More4 and there's at least 3 seasons. I say at least becaue it got into one of those " might get reprieved on another channel, might get a few more episodes next year but still technically the same season" situations and to be honest I can't remember whats happening.

I watched the first episode and it was alright, but not alright enough that I could be arsed to watch the second. I was in a funny ood at the time though and I will almost certainly end up watching it at some point.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read