Main Menu

Rok the God Kickstarter

Started by dancornwell, 13 August, 2019, 07:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 17 September, 2020, 07:15:23 PM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 17 September, 2020, 05:27:59 PM
I agree I'm also surprised this has needed a kickstarter to get a 2nd volume.
However I'd support another one (if the end has been open ended)

Not gonna lie — it was a struggle getting this one across the finish line. We could have been a bit savvier about the social media push, but it's mildly depressing that Rok struggled to make £20K when the Tank Girl KS a few years back made north of £175K.

The difference in those figures is unreal. As you said maybe the social media word is the key thing. I still would have thought the love for the creators within the tooth world would have made it a wee bit easier to sell
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Big_Dave

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Big_Dave

broodblik

Quote from: Big_Dave on 21 September, 2020, 11:48:20 AM
thx
i wll try dtigal
https://www.rokofthereds.com/shop

The more we support this the more likely it is that John and team will work on the third part
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Big_Dave on 20 September, 2020, 09:57:58 PM
is this good ?

Absolutely! Best original graphic novel I've read for ages.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Big_Dave

it is good so far
i like the spaecships
why r police worknig with alien?

Dandontdare

Quote from: Big_Dave on 21 September, 2020, 08:47:13 PM
it is good so far
i like the spaecships

In book one, Rok put the alien brain whammies on the local PC ... looks like it's still working. Love how he's so casual about it, no questions asked.

Bad City Blue

Quote from: Big_Dave on 21 September, 2020, 08:47:13 PM
it is good so far
i like the spaecships

get volume 1
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Big_Dave

broodblik

Trooper McFad

Finished this and I thoroughly enjoyed the continued story line & great art.  I hope there is enough interest in the sales post Kickstarter so they can do 3rd volume 🤞🏻.
I'd even support another kickstarter if they went down that road.

Colin YNWA

Exciting!

My Reward 'Sketch' arrived from Dan Cornwell - this is what I love about Kickstarter this had drifted to the back of my mind. I get a package, curiously open it not knowing what the heck it is and BOOM!

This beauty pops out!

For all fans there's a letter saying he's working on collection of all the Rok the God comissions and some other convention stuff. Instana buy for me that given how wonderful this piece is! Just magnificent.

Bolt-01

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 07 November, 2020, 04:34:10 PM
Exciting!

My Reward 'Sketch' arrived from Dan Cornwell - this is what I love about Kickstarter this had drifted to the back of my mind. I get a package, curiously open it not knowing what the heck it is and BOOM!

This beauty pops out!

For all fans there's a letter saying he's working on collection of all the Rok the God comissions and some other convention stuff. Instana buy for me that given how wonderful this piece is! Just magnificent.

That's great Colin 👍🏻👍🏻
I wish I had the money at the time to go for one of the Kickstarter commissions 🙁
I did really enjoy Rok the God book and if they do another Kickstarter I hope I have the spare cash lying to go for a higher level.
If any other board members were lucky enough to get commissions I hope they can post here and share Dan's work.