Main Menu

Brighton Comic Expo 19th - 20th November

Started by skull.ring, 14 November, 2005, 05:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jock

'I had to go out of the show to a local comic shop(a bloody good shop as it is) to buy 2000ad novels that I wanted.'

to be fair - ALL the rebellion / 2000AD trades were for sale at the stand jonathan mentioned. fantastic they looked too.
good to see everyone!

jock

WoD

The 'annual' style GNs looked the 'real dogs'.

Queen Firey-Bou

maybe theres a secret war with thrill suckers in outer.. er... the horsehead nebula wotsit.

prehaps he was wearing some cloak of magical invisibility whereby he spys omnipresent, preparing rigellian hotshots for all those who diss his empire & scowling, invisibily at the other publishers with shit-hot shiney glossy stands. He appears to have snuck a couple of free progs in my goodie bag tho, so he clearly does exist...somehow, somewhere.

Byron Virgo

So you were the chap in the Dawn of the Dead t-shirt? That drew a lot of envious comments from a wide range of people.

Queen Firey-Bou

we shoulda mugged him for it. and those posters, i WANT the langley one.

Wils

That drew a lot of envious comments from a wide range of people.

I got the same when I wore mine at a Fantomas gig earlier in the year. No idea why. I just ordered it online. It *is* a great shirt, though. :)

http://www.shocktees.com/images/film_logo/tshirts/large/tshirt-fl0041.jpg">

Megadeth

Yeah I have that shirt as well and i've never had any envious comments towards it.

It is a cool shirt though

Bolt-01

Jonathon, I did see you then. Should have said 'Hi' though.

We 'are' a FutureShock Fanzine afterall.

Bolt-01

Rob Spalding

Just to say I had a great time hanging out with Jock, Boo, Dom, Andy, that guy who writes X-Men Unlimited who's name I forget (sorry), Frazer, Si, Jon, Al and all the other guys who let me get drunk and loud :)
Have to say it has whetted my appetite for Cons, it being my first one other than Dreddcon.  I expect I may even stay overnight at somepoint!
So, when is the next one guys?

Max Kon

if you were hanging out with them i probably talked to you, who were you?

Rob Spalding

I was the bearded guy with dark hair.  Blue shirt, black coat.
Did you come to the curry house with us?

Max Kon

no, i was at the table where you all congregated on your return.

WoD

Garamin...do you have a hint of the Al Ewings about your look by any chance?

Jonathan O

There were three huge new and professionally produced 2000AD posters at the Turnaround stall plus most of our stock. Also there were two free progs in the goody bags. Certainly were in the one I got anyway. Also there was a full page, colour 2000AD ad in the convention booklet which I was in. Also I was on a panel on Sunday. Sorry if anyone felt missed out, will make more of a point of doing the rounds more next year.

Jon

Rob Spalding

"do you have a hint of the Al Ewings about your look by any chance?"

I guess you could say that, but shorter hair and no glasses.
Also no ability to draw rude pictures of superheroes.