Main Menu

Oooh! Primeval's back next week and the triler looks good!

Started by JamesC, 21 March, 2009, 06:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Jesus Christ, the last thing I would do to someone pointing a pistol at my head and with them actually having their finger on the trigger is zap them with an electrical shock :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
Thank God I'm off to bed now to try and forget it all. Those were the two main wind ups this week, there were others but I'm sure you all noticed them.

TordelBack

QuoteThose were the two main wind ups this week, there were others but I'm sure you all noticed them.

Time travelling dinosaurs?

Devons Daddy

odd thing
you can buy this on itunes US. but not ITUNES UK, which is strange,

notice that a lot with ITUNES, odd thing. really looking forward to downloading this.
yes time travelling dinosaurs! perfect entertainment.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Tiplodocus

QuoteJesus Christ, the last thing I would do to someone pointing a pistol at my head and with them actually having their finger on the trigger is zap them with an electrical shock

No, that's entirely consistent with the world of PRIMEVAL.  Back in an earlier episode, we learnt that people don't atcually cock weapons before pointing them at people so she knew what she was doing.

As usual, I enjoyed this  massively despite many niggles.  Two great cliff-hangers, lovely chracter moments, a real punch in the air moment when Danny Quinn walked into [spoiler:oio8op9u]the second group of hominids[/spoiler:oio8op9u] and some particularly lush location shooting.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

COMMANDO FORCES

I should have remembered the cocking of weapons bit, seeing as I brought it up  :roll:

Proudhuff

heehee, I knew you were going to say that.

Those stun grenades, you would have thought they could have used them on the Predators in the future bit or even better some Thunderclaps if they do indeed hunt by sound location or flares if it heat etc etc

I must admit I was expecting the prof who died earlier to reappear from a different 'timeline' at the end of this and happy he didn't
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Hey CF, what's your take on the bit in T4 when everybody ignores orders and does what JC tells em?  :D (I must admit your rants crossed my mind at that point in my viewing)
DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

I did laugh out loud watching that bit (I was in the front room watching it so I didn't disturb anyone).
So it's okay for someone with no military experience to override the orders of the commander in chief in the nuclear sub who seems to be in charge of the great fight back. We also get little flashes of bods around the world going "we're with you John, sod the command structure" as that's how you win wars :D

Proudhuff

Ditto, my better half exploded once along similar lines when I 'helpfully' pointed out that the wonderful Sherlock Holmes we were watching had done well covering up the double yellow lines but the white painted window frames on the buildings spoiled the effect... ooops
DDT did a job on me

Paul faplad Finch

Trifle late here but I'd just like to say that I've just seen the finale - taped on Sat - and was very impressed. Quinn/Sarah atrraction still bugs me as I see absolutely no chemistry and I can't figure out why Becker never takes his men with him on jobs but I can overlook these minor niggles to enjoy a cracking story. This season has definitely been the best yet and the ending[spoiler:311th9ac], with the whole "trapped in the past" thing going on was a great little cliffhanger.[/spoiler:311th9ac]

Have to ask though, where was Miller? Did I blink and miss him cos after the reprise he was nowhere to be seen.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

COMMANDO FORCES

Believe me those things are not minor niggles in the CF household.

Sefton Disney

Finally saw the season finale yesterday - what a brilliant cliffhanger. Here's to series four and a movie!

Jason Flemyng is a star - I can even forgive him for being in The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen movie. (And if that doesn't prove I've grown as a human being, nothing does...)

I really loved the fact that they animated the raptors with proto-feathers,as I believe current research suggests. (Dino-nerd, me?)

The thing is, for all its daft bits, naff bits and tosh bits (many of which I enjoy tremendously, BTW), I get the feeling that Primeval is still trying to give the audience something and to develop its mythos. Whereas Doctor Who gets such high ratings it doesn't need to bother and has so much smoke blown up it that I don't think the writers, producers, etc. even feel they have to bother with minor details like scripts anymore.

For my money, this series of Primeval blew Doctor Who out of the water and I really hope ITV are smart enough to bring it back and treat it with some respect.

It was a pity Abby's brother didn't cark it, though.