Main Menu

JUDGE DREDD IDW: #8 THE LONG FAIL - SPOILERS

Started by LARF, 27 June, 2013, 09:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

And a fortnight after getting this, ive finally got round to it in my reading pile..

Despite Dredd now moving into the Cursed Earth (my fave setting, and that is a nice looking cover for issue 9), this is me out.
(Ill kinda keep an eye out, to see if it improves, and i can always pick 'em up on the cheap).

All told, i think this Dredd has been, for the most part, instantly forgettable, and it reads - and looks, like quite juvenile fare.
IDW have made a real effort with their 2000ad licence, and produced some nice, and glossy looking product. But for this series, its mostly been window dressing. 'The long fail', indeed.

Glad that Dredd is selling well, and glad that IDW are helping to spread the word , but that's me done.

Sorry, Duane.

Link Prime

Quote from: Judge Jack on 21 July, 2013, 04:31:55 PM
'The long fail', indeed.

Was waiting for someone to make that quip!
And coming from one of our nicest forum members it's sayin somthin.

I flicked through this issue in my LCS yesterday afternoon. Sweet Grud, I can't believe I even lasted til the 3rd or 4th issue.

With Al Ewing doing the upcoming Mars Attacks stuff for them it would be great if they asked him to pitch for this.
Or as mentioned previously, get a writer with a solid grip on the character like Mike Carroll.
The artwork I could absolutely forgive, once the script was spot on.

LARF

QuoteThe artwork I could absolutely forgive, once the script was spot on.

Yep completely agree and often the artwork is dictated by a poor script.

Spaceghost

Quote from: Cactus on 11 July, 2013, 07:28:14 PM
Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 11 July, 2013, 11:58:09 AM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 08 July, 2013, 10:38:37 PM
Those who didn't? Well, you can visit them you-know-where.

The truly horrible thing is, HE would almost definitely write a better Dress comic than this.

I heard there's a spectacular art competition going on there.

I know this guy who's got loads of ideas for Judge Dredd but nobody listens to him on the newsgroups any more. Maybe he could ask for some advice there.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...