Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: sauchie on 15 October, 2012, 09:31:27 PMGood girl gone bad in gynaecologically exact clam diggers, or Tony Manero's floor dusters?

They prove conclusively that Travolta has a Mangina.

Quote from: sauchie on 15 October, 2012, 09:31:27 PM
the later pages of Judge Death Lives.

I always read that as We're through the piss-shield!

Spikes

Quote from: Albion on 15 October, 2012, 09:12:49 PM
I remember the crappy songs being on Top Of The Pops for weeks on end

Oh, i dont know. They had a certain charm

I can well recall my (female) cousins surreptitiously phoning up Dial-a-Disc on other peoples phones to constantly listen to the songs from Grease, and me having to act as Look-out. By 'eck - its all coming back to me now,  ;)

Mabs

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 15 October, 2012, 09:47:05 PM
Madagascar 3.

Never seen one of these all the way through before but I enjoyed it. First thirty minutes is hilarious japes in Monte Carlo and the rest is pretty batshit crazy as well with a beautifully abstract show of colour and light and 3d for the circus segment.

Was in an independant cinema in Newton Stewart a small town in Galloway. Nice art decoder affair. I wish we had a wee cinema like it in our home town.

Nice to hear you enjoyed Madagascar 3! My son is a fan, and I have to say the films are a guilty pleasure of mine! :D
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Gonk

Tried to watch "Moulin Rouge" for the first time today. This one has dated badly too, though it's at a more rapid rate of decomposition than Grease. They pull sillier faces in this than in "American Reaper". It is a film that seems full of little elves, gnomes, pixies and twee little fairies. Add to that a truly atrocious soundtrack....do people really start singing Elton John songs after visiting a prostitute? I really couldn't have cared less about the characters, they were that unlikeable, like the singing.
coming at a cinema near you soon

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: fonky on 16 October, 2012, 06:22:54 PM
Tried to watch "Moulin Rouge" for the first time today. This one has dated badly too, though it's at a more rapid rate of decomposition than Grease. They pull sillier faces in this than in "American Reaper". It is a film that seems full of little elves, gnomes, pixies and twee little fairies. Add to that a truly atrocious soundtrack....do people really start singing Elton John songs after visiting a prostitute? I really couldn't have cared less about the characters, they were that unlikeable, like the singing.

I cry at your sheer inhumanity.

Moulin Rouge is one of the ten greatest films ever made- and barely a day goes by without my wife and I singing one of the medleys to one another.

SBT

Colin YNWA

Yeah I absolutely love Moulin Rouge. Jim Broadbent singing 'Like a Virgin' is one of the great treasures of humanity (alas can't find a video version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FLwAGA4RBc

Gonk

Sorry, did I sound ever so beastly? How utterly mean and wretched I behaved. Can you forgive me?

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: fonky on 16 October, 2012, 10:09:28 PM

Sorry, did I sound ever so beastly? How utterly mean and wretched I behaved. Can you forgive me?

Only if you sing your apologies, while dancing to a funked up version of an elton john song and wearing suspenders.

SBT

Frank

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 16 October, 2012, 07:09:17 PM
Yeah I absolutely love Moulin Rouge. Jim Broadbent singing 'Like a Virgin' is one of the great treasures of humanity

Kylie Minogue dressed as Tinkerbell is proof of God's existence. Ewan McGregor's mistaken belief that he can sing is proof that He has a twisted sense of humour.

Gonk

...and tonight Matthew...I'm going to be "The Scissor Sisters"....

I concede the point about the late Jim Broadbent, although I'll always think of him as Slater.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

JOE SOAP

Gonk

Sorry Jim. One's been a total ass. Can one forgive one for one's folly??

Glad to hear some good news....

Tiplodocus

RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE

Despite very clearly being episode 3 of 5 (and I missed episode 3) I still enjoyed this.  Nice to see that "human" Milla still possesses skills and powers that would make your average superhuman blush.

It's full of stock characters (zombie fodder), ridiculous lapses in logic, possibly the most evil of evil corporations ever to grace film (worse than most Bond meglomaniacs), over-egged slow-mo, stupid wire work and the ambition of the effects outstrips their technical delivery. 

But it also has a scene where Milla and Ali Larter take on a hammer and scythe weilding troll whie pulling off 3-point landings and taking part in a wet t-shirt competition.  Brilliant.

I may go see if Part 3 is available on Lovefilm and Part 5 is still at the cinema.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

MR. ELIMINATOR