Main Menu

Delayed Hi

Started by McMonkeyBoy, 28 August, 2008, 07:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McMonkeyBoy

After glancing at an example of "jumping in at the deep end" Ill introduce myself properly to save myself an embaressing moment.

Ill make it breif. Ive been into 2000AD since...Saturday! Bought loads and loads of back Progs and got my first graphic novel this morning Dredd Vs Death. That's pretty much it for my new found 2000AD side of life really. Oh and I like it because it's cheap and easy to get hold of.
Other boring stuff, I practice and teach martial arts, I love my music which spans over nearly all the genres. Im into computers/modding/building/gaming and programm hacking. That's about it really.  :mrgreen:  Hope that's enough because my minds blank. Ill just email out my CV if that doesn't suffice.

Looking forward to posting on the boards.

Pete Wells

Delayed Hi back, McMonkeyboy!

Cor, I'm a bit jealous you've a whole lot of great reading ahead of you! Welcome to the board and be sure to keep us informed of your highs and lows as you progress through the progs!

Dark Jimbo

Wow, a brand new reader, what to recommend?

Well, I suggest ABCWarrirosNemesisStrontiumDogBadCompanyHaloJonesKingdomShakaraNikolaiDante *pause for breath* RoboHunterButtonManRogueTrooperDR&QuinchACETrucki-- Ah, you'll work out what you like for yourself in due time. Happy readings!
@jamesfeistdraws

Gavin_Leahy_Block

hey there Monkeyboy, so we have a spanking new reader here well have lots of fun getting up to date.

McMonkeyBoy

Thanks for the welcome guys, I just finished reading "Classic Judge Dredd featuring Judge Death" and thought it was awesome! Way ahead of it's time too for when it was made. I take it the Dark JUdges have made quite a few re-appearances since then!?!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: "McMonkeyBoy"I take it the Dark JUdges have made quite a few re-appearances since then!?!

After their second appearance in 'Judge Death Lives' (the debut of the Fear, Fire, Mortis trio, of course) they returned in an Anderson adventure 'Return of the Dark Judges'. After that the epic 'Necropolis' story was their next big gig, and arguably their defining moment, when they had the whole city in their clutches.

It was more or less downhill after that, as they were only trotted out for comedy misadventures or Batman crossovers, and overfamiliarity started to take its toll. Death's origin story 'Boyhood of a Superfiend' is worth a look, though, as is the 'My Name is Death' arc that seemingly wrapped up the character of Death after giving him back some of the menace he had lost during the comedy years.
@jamesfeistdraws

Kerrin

Peter Wolf

Hi come in and make yourself at home and dont do anything i would do.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Roger Godpleton

Hi, I'm James and I'm the head of this board's chapter of the Bloods. If you're under 25 you have to join us or the Crips, who were led by Cybermax and Katooie till I popped them both.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

McMonkeyBoy

Hmmm, I see... Who's got a better pension scheme?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: "Godpleton"If you're under 25 you have to join us or the Crips, who were led by Cybermax and Katooie till I popped them both.

No-one told me about this.  ;)
@jamesfeistdraws

Roger Godpleton

Well, you're more likely to live long enough to have a pension if you roll with the Bloods, and Mek-Quake buys most of his drugs from us, and that's a lot of money right there.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

McMonkeyBoy

Hmmm, what would Dredd do?

Dandontdare

Quote from: "McMonkeyBoy"Hmmm, what would Dredd do?

Bang the lot of us up. No question.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "Godpleton"Hi, I'm James and I'm the head of this board's chapter of the Bloods. If you're under 25 you have to join us or the Crips, who were led by Cybermax and Katooie till I popped them both.

I aint diggin this Brutherz shootin themselvez up in drivebyz an all dat kinda Shit.

It aint cool Bruthaz.

Stop Da Drugz an Violenz !!

We all da same Bruthaz .
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death