Main Menu

How do I post on other areas of forum?

Started by mididoctors, 01 February, 2013, 09:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mididoctors

Hello. I'm editing this very old post to provide some useful info. If you cannot post elsewhere on the forum, reply to this thread. I'll get it sorted whenever I see your message. We had to limit posting everywhere, because some folks were being a total grexnix. And as Tharg the Mighty says: never be a grexnix.

— Indigo Prime (admin)

====

Do I need a certain post count or somefink before I can post on all parts of the forum?

TIA

Dandontdare

this should get the attention of the mods to get you cleared - unless you're a particularly sneaky spambot!

Lenny_Zero

I'm in the same boat as a newb here.  I'm even having a rough time loading up an avatar.  I think post-count helps to kick in the goodies.
America is an irradiated wasteland.

Eoin_McLove

I joined today and I can't work out how to (or even if I can) post in other parts of the forum. I managed to post in the 'Welcome to the board' section, but I can't seen to post anywhere else.

Richmond Clements

Lenny_Zero

America is an irradiated wasteland.

Sideshow Bob

Hi,
I'm a newbie as well and would love to be able to post on other areas of the forum, please.
Also it would be nice to be able to add a picture / quotes etc to personalise my account...
Any chance, oh Great One !!??
Cheers,
Bob
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Basilisk

I found strange this too. I wanted to post something in the general area, and i didn't found the "reply" button. At first i thought the thread was closed, but nope. And i found strange from the veru beginning not being able to have a profile at all, put avatars, etc. I supose it's a matter of time and posts. :D
Ah, Henry Peter Gyrich -- I should'a guessed. Tell me -- do you National Security Council Guys get a cheaper rate buyin' those sunglasses in bulk?

blackest

same here.i'm trying to post on the movie page but i can't.any help please!!!!

Richmond Clements

It's not a perfect system, but it works!
All you really got to do is prove you're a real human and not a troll.
So, anyway, you're all in!

Basilisk

Ah, Henry Peter Gyrich -- I should'a guessed. Tell me -- do you National Security Council Guys get a cheaper rate buyin' those sunglasses in bulk?

Dirty Frank

Hello, I am real person (grown man). please activate me!

The 2012 movie was my introduction to the world of 2000AD -- the movie is brilliant.  I never bothered w/the 95 version, everyone said it was a stinker.

The movie should have done spectacular in the US--so whoever did the american promotion needs to be drawn and quartered.   

There should have been 7/11 tie ins. Billboards.  The FIRE IN THE VISOR of DREDD. THAT was AWESOME imagery: the  burning anger of Dredd judgement--we can't see his eyes, but we can see what his eyes might have looked like w/that one image.   

And the trailer! Good god is that a bad trailer. The trailer should have opened "WE DID IT RIGHT THIS TIME".  Cut to Dredd "mama judgement time" speech.  Cut to fire in visor and deep brass music.   END OF TRAILER.

I suppose this is all known at this point.  It's not that americans don't get DREDD.  NOBODY KNEW IT EXISTED, and those who did, thought it would suck because the first one did.  It was a real movie.  I made my wife watch it  on blu ray -- SHE enjoyed it.  And she saw the first one in THEATERS. Even w/out the DREDD history, the movie iself is GREAT.

*chants*

MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE

(sorry all I wanted to post this back in nov-2012, been bottled up for a few months )

Richmond Clements

A real person and grown man... Mmm... Dunno, you sound over qualified to me!

I'm away from a computer until the beginning if next week, I'm afraid - if nobody has taken pity on you by then, and if I remember, I shall do it.

markibbo

And don't forget me.......i have struggled to post in forums and feel i'm missing out and i also want to get my memorabilia pics up :)

Dirty Frank

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 01 March, 2013, 01:27:06 PM
I'm away from a computer

never would have guessed  :D

all good...just wanted to say i loved the movie and now the comic--I can't believe what i have been missing all these years!  All my best.