Main Menu

Dredd - Box Office

Started by MattJW, 02 September, 2012, 09:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danbo

'' Chavs,thousands of em''
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Frank

Quote from: Judge Jack on 27 October, 2012, 03:45:01 PM
According to the BFI site; The Sweeney - £4,453,350    Dredd - £4,355,512

The Sweeney cost around 2 million sov's, Guvnor; making a sequel almost inevitable. DNA were the original producers of The Sweeney, until the financing fell through in 2008 and they decided to make Dredd instead. I'm playing a game of irony-Jenga - can anyone else add to this teetering pile of cruel coincidences?

Stan

A sequel? I might watch the first one when it's on ITV2!

Beeks

I can't be arsed dragging up the post..but it's somewhere on this forum where I said the Sweeney was nailed on to top Dredd..there's a lot more brain dead cinema goers than you give credit for
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

The Sherman Kid

strontium_dog_90

Quote from: Beeks on 27 October, 2012, 06:33:30 PM
I can't be arsed dragging up the post..but it's somewhere on this forum where I said the Sweeney was nailed on to top Dredd..there's a lot more brain dead cinema goers than you give credit for

Be all the same dumb people that seem to believe professsional Ali G impersonator Plan B is actually a black guy from da hood instead of a middle class white berk. (I'm not a fan).

GordonR

On the slightly sluggish side of decent-ish opening for Dredd in Australia - number 4, $809K (Australian dollars = £521K), although the monster that is Taken 2 shows just how much money there is to make in that market - $17 million in three weeks.

Stan

Stan

Damn lack of edit button. May my shame live in infamy.

HdE

Quote from: Stan on 29 October, 2012, 03:34:35 PM
May my shame live in infamy.

Well, mine does. Welcome to the club!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Spikes

Has a link been posted for this site?
Pretty much what we've all been discussing of late, and with similar conclusions.

Five reasons why Dredd failed*

*click backwards for the other Four.

Stan

Any updates now that we know it's making the rounds in Asia (or will be)?