Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie boy

Ignore what those senses say, sir!
I can't deny his bad films outnumber his good films, but even in a lot of those he's still entertaining. It's always disappointing for me to watch a film he's in that I already know is going to be bad, only to get the impression he was turning up each day thinking "I really need the money here."*

*He sold a lot of his comic collection due to financial difficulties. Personally, I'd gladly pay extra just to own a comic that was once his.

Frank

Quote from: Charlie boy on 05 March, 2013, 08:49:31 PM
*He sold a lot of his comic collection due to financial difficulties

He had to offload a few of his castles in Europe too, poor sod.

Richmond Clements

Koyaanisqatsi in the cinema. It was a bit bloody good.

Mabs

The Trueman Show - near the end of the film which i'm watching with the family; that ending gets me everytime.  :'(

Definitely one of Weir's best film. Moving and beautifully directed, not to mention an outstanding score. Jim Carrey is absolutely superb (and Linney is fucking scary!).
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

TordelBack

Ghostbusters 2Ghostbusters is, of course, one of the greatest films ever made.  Ghostbusters 2 is... not.  I had a bad experience watching this in the cinema fadó fadó, so disappointed that I recall playing catch with a pair of shoes to pass the time.  However, an accidental too-tired-to-change-channels re-watch last night showed me a movie that was far better than I remember.  Bill Murray is his usual stellar self, Sigourney Weaver spends much of the movie in pleasing deshabille, baddy Vigo and his portrait are excellent and the dialogue, while not as snappy as the first one is still very funny.  Ultimately it's the dull opening setup, a slow plot and possibly the unlikable colour of the ooze SFX, that means it falls a bit flat.  The core characetr stuff is still well worth watching, Ray, Egon and Winston in particular are a hoot when separated from Venkman (who does tend to steal every scene he wanders through).  It's better than remake Evolution anyway.

Michaelvk

Monsters inc in 3D.. Interesting to note that in the re-render they did away with depth of field, because your eyes will create it instead..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Goaty

Honest, film Epic Movie is the true shittiest film I ever see! Don't know why bosses who see the preview of it let it happens!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Goaty on 08 March, 2013, 10:20:15 PM
Honest, film Epic Movie is the true shittiest film I ever see! Don't know why bosses who see the preview of it let it happens!
Because some idiots of my generation have no sense of humour.  :lol:

Hoagy

I'm on Lethal Weapon 2 of a Lethal Weapon marathon. It's as anthropological as giving African children something to eat but ask them not to share with each other. Or at least it's not that.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

TordelBack

Quote from: Hoagy on 08 March, 2013, 11:23:12 PM
I'm on Lethal Weapon 2 of a Lethal Weapon marathon. It's as anthropological as giving African children something to eat but ask them not to share with each other. Or at least it's not that.

I've said it before Krom, but you are an f'ing poet.

Emp

Cage is an eco-terrorist...in as much as he must have killed thousands of trees and had their essence transferred into him to be as wooden as he is!

That said, i just watched The Safe, and Jason Statham is never going to win an Oscar, but you can usually depend on him delivering some no brainer action. Usually.

TordelBack

Quote from: Emp on 08 March, 2013, 11:31:37 PM
That said, i just watched The Safe, and Jason Statham is never going to win an Oscar, but you can usually depend on him delivering some no brainer action. Usually.

Stay away from The Mechanic is all I'm saying.

Hoagy

Um.. you all been drinking?

Cheers anyway. Beeteedoubleu, seems you asked, in a way, Patsy Kensit looks like the female stock Hugh Grant English woman with the droopy eyes and goofy grin. And, it's at the point where I've realised it's got the first big screen nail gun scene I saw, in it.

The Mechanic is [spoiler][ a sit down jobbie though, and you won't feel you've wasted too much if you go for one half way through] [/spoiler]tho.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

TordelBack

Quote from: Hoagy on 08 March, 2013, 11:36:23 PMAnd, it's at the point where I've realised it's got the first big screen nail gun scene I saw, in it.

I always think of it as the Platonic Chekov's Gun.

Emp

Quote from: TordelBack on 08 March, 2013, 11:34:47 PM
Quote from: Emp on 08 March, 2013, 11:31:37 PM

Stay away from The Mechanic is all I'm saying.

This makes tThe Mechanic look like a classic!!!