Main Menu

Biscuits

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 08 March, 2023, 03:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

There is no finer biscuit than a Mint Club.

Discuss.
Lock up your spoons!

JohnW

Alright!
This is the kind of thing I joined this forum for!

Now let me think.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Barrington Boots

Custard cream all the way!

Nowdays, with the shops full of artisan quadruple chocolate cookies with stem ginger chunks and the like, there is safety and serenity to be had in the simple custard cream: a staple of a childhood where getting a custard cream was a genuine treat and Brexit, Trump and Putin were yet nightmares undreamed of.
Satisfyingly old school in appearance, solid in texture, and definitely not expensive.
As an adult I have developed more appreciation for the humble Rich Tea, but for me a custard cream remains the pinnacle of biscuits.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

JohnW

Barrington Boots: a man with the courage to fight his way undaunted through Nightmare Castle;
A man with the wisdom to know the true worth of own-brand custard creams.
This is a man I can follow.
I march beneath his trifle banner.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

wedgeski

McV's Digestives. Cup of tea and a small stack, dip your way to heaven.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: JWare on 08 March, 2023, 04:01:28 PMBarrington Boots: a man with the courage to fight his way undaunted through Nightmare Castle;

I don't know what's worse. The cowardly custard creamer, or the coward who lets a cowardly custard creamer decide for him.
Lock up your spoons!

JohnW

Oh go on then! Line up alongside Brexit, Trump and Putin!

JohnW

Barrington Boots

Quote from: JWare on 08 March, 2023, 04:01:28 PMBarrington Boots: a man with the courage to fight his way undaunted through Nightmare Castle;

I should print and frame this and stick it on my wall.

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 08 March, 2023, 04:06:48 PMI don't know what's worse. The cowardly custard creamer, or the coward who lets a cowardly custard creamer decide for him.

Harsh words from the mint club contingent!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

JohnW

I will extend an olive branch to my fancy-pants hoity-toity mint club brethren with their judgemental attitude and dodgy politics, and admit that I have been this very afternoon been eating Tesco chocolate orange cookies.
Not bad at all.

But artisan quadruple chocolate cookies with stem ginger chunks are false idols. They will not save you.

pauljholden

Spare a thought for your pals who have had to excise gluten from their diet, and subsequently have had to face a life time of slightly rubbish biscuits. There are *SOME* ok ones, Schar chocolate digestive for example (which looks chocolate digestive but tastes faintly of coconut) and the biscuits that turn up in Lidl, Dunnes, Tescos and Sainsburys that all have different boxes but in fact are the exact same biscuits (I favour the triple chocolate ones) that go soft once they hit the air and have suffered from so much shrinkflation, at this point they look less like chocolate biscuits and more like chocolate buttons...

Trooper McFad

Well well this is a difficult choice a bit like which of my children do I like most 😳

Back to the biscuits - what should I go for the chunky chocolate of a fruit club or the dunkablity of a Hobnob but maybe I should be classy with a fox's Classic but surely a digestive with a smear of butter tops them! No the one I'd pick over them all is a Gold bar (just)

Now we have to convince Colin to do one of his long running competitions with every biscuit on the shelf 😁
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 08 March, 2023, 05:22:04 PMWell well this is a difficult choice a bit like which of my children do I like most 😳

Back to the biscuits - what should I go for the chunky chocolate of a fruit club or the dunkablity of a Hobnob but maybe I should be classy with a fox's Classic but surely a digestive with a smear of butter tops them! No the one I'd pick over them all is a Gold bar (just)

Now we have to convince Colin to do one of his long running competitions with every biscuit on the shelf 😁

OOOH! A Classic. Not had one of them for years, maybe decades. I am going to get myself a packet.
Lock up your spoons!

The Legendary Shark

Hob Nobs all the way, with Chocolate Hob Nobs for special occasions. It's a strong biscuit, a tasty biscuit, a no-nonsense biscuit.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

nxylas

Asda apparently has an own brand chocolate orange bourbon, but every time I order it as part of my weekly online shop, it gets replaced with a substitution. I feel like they're taunting me (I like chocolate orange flavour things, in case it needs explaining).
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!