Main Menu

Well... this is me.

Started by Cpt. Fabs, 27 February, 2012, 01:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Welcome aboard Cpt. Fabs and enjoy your stay  :wave:

Cpt. Fabs

Thank you all! :D

@Jared: I think I'm just going to stick to you, mate, I have a definite feeling I can learn the most from watching you. ;)

@Judo: Well, the German comic scene... is very small indeed. I've always admired countries like the UK or France for their strong, let's say, "creative identity". Some of the best comic book writers/artists, movie directors and game designers are either British or French. While we in Germany... well, we have cars and beer and that's about it. ;) There are a few gifted artists and writers around, but German editors mainly publish stuff from the US, France or Japan. Things have gotten e tad better recently since two smaller publishing houses started promoting young talents or licensing well-known German fantasy novels to create comic book series from them. But I still wouldn't know of any German artist able to make a living from his comic book work alone. So yeah, we're a small bunch, but still very passionate. ;)

TordelBack

Hullo and welcome, Capt. Fabs.  Your English is excellent, and certainly exceeds my German, limited as it is to the essential practicalities of:  'ausgang',  'zwei bier, bitte' and 'Freikorper Kultur', not necessarily in that order. 

Judo

that is indeed a shame. I am very blessed to have so many inspirational artists and writers living in scotland. Perhaps you should start a german indie compendium! Otherwise, you could do well to get in contact with small press from around the world and see if they have any stories for you to draw. You will probably have to work for free until you build up your reputation but you never know where things might lead and you certainly have the talent :) and besides money it is a lot of fun! x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.