Main Menu

StarLord Comics

Started by rangerone, 30 September, 2002, 08:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

theres a nice new-ish 'Starlord' write-up at Comics UK btw (also a good Tornado one) ...

Link: http://www.comicsuk.co.uk/ComicInformationPages/StarlordPages/StarlordHomePage.asp?ReturnPage=CIP" target="_blank">Comics UK 'Starlord' Bio

Remember - dry hair is for squids

Oddboy

Okay, I just won 8 Star Lords on eBay for ?3.20 - that's 36.36% of all the issues at 0.02% of the price.

Congrats on your sale btw, if some people are crazy enough to pay that much for a bunch of old comics then it is your moral duty to take thier money!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Oddboy

And a month later - I've started reading them (they arrived at my London address the day after I left to go get married)

SPOILERS: STAR LORD ISSUES 1-2!

Planet of the Damned: Reasonably cheesy but pretty enjoyable - an airplane crashes in the Bemuda (sp?) Triangle & is warped to Planet of the Damned where the survivors battle for survival against the blobby monster things & acid water, protected by Flint who is *really* heroic (read: "smug annoying git")

Timequake: Almost painfully cheesy - A nuclear war in 1978 that destroys civilisation turns out to be an evil alien plot from the future to prevent Humans from winning some future war.  James Blocker, a cockerney geeeezer is saved my mad scientists & taken to a 'Flesh' era Time Station but as they're explaining what's going on THE ALIENS ATTACK!!  The scientists escape to 1666 where they accidently start the fire of London & then POINT IT OUT IN A STATE THE BLEEDIN' OBVIOUS manner that (IMO) detracts from the amusement of the event

Strontium Dog: The reason I wanted to get Star Lord - Nice intro & set up (Wulf's dialogue seems to be more Germanic than the 'v' instead of 'w' accent he has later on... at this point he's obviously still learning English as he's still says stuff like 'mit' instead of 'with' - and no mention of any Viking history in sight GordonR, but I'm keeping my eyes out for any clues!)  A fairly straight forward SD tale of good quality, doesn't seem to have the cheese factor of the other stories.

Ro-Busters: A curious mix of cheese & no-cheese - good set up, good action.  Part two picks up really well & it's great to see Mek-Quake's character is completely established from the start "BIG JOBS!"

Mind Wars: (Episode 1 is in SL issue 2) Fairly cheesy also, has a very Return to Armageddon feel to it (probably just the Redondo).  An Alien/Human future war on Galactic scale is reaching stalemate when an alien beam makes two humans (a brother & sister pair) gain psychic/telekenetic etc powers - but to what purpose?

Very glad I got these... going to have to complete my Star Lord collection now.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Devons Daddy

if johnny alpha ever got picked up for a movie deal,and is strong enough to be done. then starlord could well go through the roof value wise.205 pounds may seem a little price now.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

if johnny alpha ever got picked up for a movie deal,and is strong enough to be done. then starlord could well go through the roof value wise.205 pounds may seem a little price .
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!