Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

That's a genuine nightmare Trout, you poor, poor guys.  Hope everyone is recovering. Very best wishes.

Hawkmumbler

Jesus! Well i'm glad their where no lasting reprocusions Trout, but good on you for keeping it together after all.

von Boom

I' so happy to hear your wife's on the mend Trout. Best wishes to you and yours.

Professor Bear

That's dreadful, Trouty.  Glad to hear everyone's doing well.

8-Ball

Best wishes to you and your family Trout. That sounds like a nightmare situation and I'm genuinely glad that there's no lasting physical damage. Cars can be replaced, loved ones cannot. :thumbsup:
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Blimey. Best wishes. You never know what's going to happen.
Lock up your spoons!

Trout

Thanks for everyone's good wishes. My wife's doing fine, despite a bit of neck pain, so we're hopeful we'll be back to normal soon.

JayzusB.Christ

Glad to hear it, Trouty.  Hope it all goes well
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

I, Cosh

Quote from: Trout on 17 June, 2014, 02:06:44 AM
Thanks for everyone's good wishes. My wife's doing fine, despite a bit of neck pain, so we're hopeful we'll be back to normal soon.
Glad to hear it. Best wishes to all in Canadia.
We never really die.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Trout on 17 June, 2014, 02:06:44 AM

Don't be so harsh on yourself.  Glad to hear nothing too serious after the initial trauma.  Those kids will keep her spirits up.

So is Father's Day the same in Canadia as in the UK?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

atp

Trout, truly sorry to hear about your situation. About 16 years ago I was involved in a pretty bad head on collision, I was at the front of traffic at the lights when a speeding car on the wrong side of the road smashed straight into me.
From then it was much the same as you described happened to your wife. So I feel for you and your family.
A few weeks after, I felt things were getting back to normal, when I found myself shaking, suddenly realizing that I could have been killed, this would happen when I was doing something ordinary like making a cuppa.
I tried to keep these feelings to myself, because I didn't want to worry my family, but it just got worse.
Lucky for me my wife noticed the change in me and helped me through it. These feelings hit me like a ton of bricks without warning.
I'm not saying this to put a downer on your situation with things starting to normalize, but as a warning of what may come out of the blue.
You've probably been warned about flashback memories. I truly feel for you and hope all is well soon. Best wishes to you all.   
The freedom of choice should be compulsory

Proudhuff

Quote from: Trout on 15 June, 2014, 03:31:09 PM
Thanks, lads. I'm now in the huff because everyone forgot Father's Day. Other stuff on their minds.  ;)

Hope Mrs Trout gets better quick, must have been a nightmare.

At least your lot have an excuse... none o mine even mentioned FD  ::)
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Quote from: Proudhuff on 17 June, 2014, 02:33:13 PM...none o mine even mentioned FD  ::)

Don't feel too bad, their mothers probably haven't even told them about you.

Trout

Cheers, lads.

The car was written off today. Sigh. Waiting to find out what we might get for it. It won't be much. Ah well.

ATP, that sounds terrible. I don't think we're anything like so badly off.

And yes, Father's Day is the same. It's Mother's Day that's different.

Proudhuff

Quote from: TordelBack on 17 June, 2014, 04:46:28 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 17 June, 2014, 02:33:13 PM...none o mine even mentioned FD  ::)

Don't feel too bad, their mothers probably haven't even told them about you.

That's junkies for you
DDT did a job on me