Main Menu

Morning all!

Started by mistersaxon, 03 December, 2009, 10:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistersaxon

Just thought "I know, I'll find a completely new set of forums and register there. It's not like I've got work to do or anything . . " and here I am.

Is there any good stuff happening round here? I'm a reader of the mag for a long time, not an artist, sometimes I write stuff but really only for my own amusement. If you are very unfortunate you'll discover the reason why I say that.

. . . Oh, and I'm strangely fond of ellipses. . . (the dots, not the shapes)
No - I can't commit to a sig yet. I hardly know you!

Noisybast

Welcome to the board, mistersaxon.

Just avoid bringing up cheese, orangeade or screenplays, and you'll fit in just fine...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Mike Gloady

Hello, welcome aboard. 

For me, the ellipses are eliptically shaped (although I grant that you have to squint for that to work).

Nice to see you sir.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

mistersaxon

It's good to be here although the orangeade thing may be a problem ;)

Umm, should I have an edit button somewhere? I don't want to spam-post in my own intro topic (unless that's how it works of course).

[Edit to say - okay, doesn't appear on the topic starter post for some reason. No pressure then

Also @Mike - it's vulgar to drink orangeade AT ALL anywhere except playgroup. YMMV of course

I got the impression it was the toothpick advice that caused the original meltdown, not the cheese but . . . hmm - did someone say "melted cheese"? Oh yes, it was me :) Is it lunchtime yet?]

Mike Gloady

Ah, I don't know what's going on regarding orangeade, but it has got me itching for a glass (ice, naturally) so even the most left-field of posts have their uses.  HURRAY!

Is it vulgar to drink orangeade too early in the day?

Mike Gloady

For the record, cheese IS welcome, just not jammed into the headphone jack of ipods.  Apparently it tends to bugger them up - who'd have thought?

mistersaxon

Added a post to say I'm editing the other post in reply, not ignoring you all! Also, does my avatar look big to you? I don't want to cause any problems with it, no matter how true or awesome it is!

Mike Gloady

Melted cheese?

Thanks.  You've sorted out my lunch.  Cheese on toast.  Oh yes. 

As you can tell, we discuss the big issues here......

Richmond Clements

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 03 December, 2009, 10:27:07 AM

Is it vulgar to drink orangeade too early in the day?

Not if there's vodka in it.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Mike Gloady

What about Gin?  Don't like Vodka you see, I like the juniperyness of Gin though.  Mmmmmm.  WELL worth hiding in a hole in the ground silently cultivating that particular bush....

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 03 December, 2009, 12:06:49 PM
What about Gin?  Don't like Vodka you see, I like the juniperyness of Gin though.  Mmmmmm.  WELL worth hiding in a hole in the ground silently cultivating that particular bush....

Very fond of gin myself, but only with tonic.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Mike Gloady

Gin, tonic, lime, ice. 

Combination made in heaven.  During my long years of abstinence it was the only drink I really REALLY missed. 

TordelBack

Uck, I hate gin with a passion, a passion equal to that with which I once consumed it before it made me very, very ill.  Stay away from the Juniper bushes, I say.   Welcome Storm Saxon.

Mike Gloady

Is now the time to mention that threads often derail around here?  Or should we save that for later?