Main Menu

Hello

Started by Will.S, 28 November, 2010, 12:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will.S

Hello everyone, I've come on the site as I've recently made something that may be of interest to the members.
I remember 2000A.D. from the launch, my elder brother bought it every Saturday morning without fail, I seem to remember the first issue had a M.A.C.H.1 I.D. wallet on the front, think we bought 3 copies so that we  could all have 1! The schools all complained about 'flesh' saying it was too violent for kids, fair one as each week lots of blokes got eaten by Dinosaurs, we thought it was great! knocked the socks off all the yank stuff!
Anyway, I myself really got into it in the early 80's, my favourite character was Rogue Trooper, I've still got a few copies of the original comics with him in it, I also bought the books 1 to 6.
I again returned to 2000AD when I saw the trailer for the Rogue trooper PS3 game in between episodes of the new Battlestar Gallactica. This in turn caught the interest of my son and prompted me to dust off the book and show him wot it was all about, we bought the game and I have to be honest I was just as excited to play it as he was - in my late 30's! - I would have been absolutely made up when I was a kid to have had that game, It was great to see some thing I was so into actually come to life!
I decided to make my son a replica of Rogue's rifle - Colin Wilson version as he was by far the best at draw him -. I photo copied and enlarged the best picture I could find and scaled up from that, obviously when you look at the gun in the various pictures the size and shape does vary. I've used a mix of MDF, ali, plastic plumbing pipe etc etc. I've also been to maplins 100's of times for LED's and resistors etc.
I've tried to keep as close to the comic original but have added a few lights here and there, also I've never seen a coloured version of the Colin Wilson rifle so used the Cam Kennedy colours plus didn't want it to look like wood, thought that would be a bit dated so it's supposed to look like plastic as in modern assault rifles.
I hope this is of some interest to some of you on the site, probably the older ones! I'LL attach some photo's and also see if there is a better place to post them on the forum.
My son's chuffed with it, however due to circumstances beyond my control I started it 4yrs ago but couldn't work on it until now thanks to a broken toe and 2weeks off work! obviously he's older now so it's not as cool as it would have been!

All the best to everyone on the site

ps I can't get any images to attach, says too big with just one and have no idea how the insert image works? help pls

Grant Goggans

Welcome to the board!

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Colin YNWA

Welcome aboard and have fun.

As for the images, as I'm intrigued to see them. Best bet is to load them to something like Flicker or the like and copy the url into the image button (bottom left button).

There's a little more here if you scroll down

http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php?action=help;page=post

Richmond Clements

The Legendary Shark

Hello there. I made this guide to posting images on the board some time ago - the fundamentals are (probably) still the same...

http://www.sharkpool.co.uk/backroom/simps_guide_to_posting_images/simps_guide_to_posting_images.html
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Will.S

Thanks for all the replies, I'm all over the images, standby

RichardB

Greetings & Welcome from one newbie to another!   ;)

Will.S

Hopefully this will work, all thanks to 'The Sharkpool' guide:

Will.S

Sorry they are massive, sorting the next lot!

Will.S

Will.S

Will.S

Will see if I can do a vid to demonstrate sounds/lights

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Colin YNWA

That's pretty incredible!