Main Menu

New Facebook page "We demand a Sláine movie"

Started by Slaughterbowl1981, 14 April, 2011, 10:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mygrimmbrother

To be fair, I think some folk should go a bit easier on this guy - he seems to be a genuine fan and his idea comes from a good place.

COMMANDO FORCES

Trout

Molcher isn't a goldfish. He wanted to join the assembled aquatic legions but we told him to sod off.

ALL HAIL DEPUTY CHIEF JUDGE FISH!

By the way, I wouldn't watch a Slaine film. It wouldn't be anything like as good as Hawk the Slayer.

- Trout

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Molch-R on 15 April, 2011, 12:10:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRIPAsbhZpM
Always loved that trailer and I wish I'd grabbed the high-res when it was online. I get the feeling that—as much as I hate trilogies—Sláine could make for a really strong three-film series: Wanderer; King; Horned God. And Miguel Mesas absolutely nails how it should look.

Misanthrope

QuoteBy the way, I wouldn't watch a Slaine film. It wouldn't be anything like as good as Hawk the Slayer.

Krull was better.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

klute

Quote from: King Trout on 15 April, 2011, 02:20:12 PM
Molcher isn't a goldfish. He wanted to join the assembled aquatic legions but we told him to sod off.

ALL HAIL DEPUTY CHIEF JUDGE FISH!

By the way, I wouldn't watch a Slaine film. It wouldn't be anything like as good as Hawk the Slayer.

- Trout

Hawk the Slayer is epic
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

klute

Quote from: Misanthrope on 15 April, 2011, 03:51:20 PM
QuoteBy the way, I wouldn't watch a Slaine film. It wouldn't be anything like as good as Hawk the Slayer.

Krull was better.

I love Krull aswell i think along with HtS Sword and teh Scorcerer,Conan,beast master there was a lot of choice back in the day for a young lad to watch.

If you liked hack and slash films there's many films that could go into a list that were good no matter how bad

Ladyhawke,Flesh and Blood omg i could go on
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

blackmocco

The last thing a Slaine (Sorry. Can never figure out how to do a fada on a US keyboard) movie would need is a huge budget. Big budget means Hollywood executives swarming over it like flies around shite with infernal notes and inane suggestions.

Lower budget and independent of the main studios is the only way to go if an honest portrayal of these characters is going to happen. The new Dredd movie's a perfect example of how to do it. Keep your costs low, your vision intact and if/when it makes profit you can (somewhat) call the shots.

Also, no-one in Hollywood gives a bollocks about Facebook pages.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Steve Green

Quote from: blackmocco on 15 April, 2011, 05:20:49 PM
The last thing a Slaine (Sorry. Can never figure out how to do a fada on a US keyboard) movie would need is a huge budget. Big budget means Hollywood executives swarming over it like flies around shite with infernal notes and inane suggestions.

Lower budget and independent of the main studios is the only way to go if an honest portrayal of these characters is going to happen. The new Dredd movie's a perfect example of how to do it. Keep your costs low, your vision intact and if/when it makes profit you can (somewhat) call the shots.

Also, no-one in Hollywood gives a bollocks about Facebook pages.

To be fair, it's impossible to make a call on Dredd and whether it's how to do it or not, until we actually see the finished product.

blackmocco

The finished product, yes. But if the movie fails, it won't be because of a bunch of interfering suits armed with a weekend screenplay class diploma and marketing test results under their arms. Regardless of how the movie turns out, it's still a better model for getting a movie made...

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

SmallBlueThing

Slaine should be an ongoing bbc Saturday teatime tv series, thirteen episodes a season, starting from his fording of the river with a whacking great rock on his back.
SBT

Emperor

Quote from: blackmocco on 15 April, 2011, 05:20:49 PM

Yep, this is where things can go wrong, exhibits A: LoEG film.

Quote from: Molch-R on 15 April, 2011, 12:10:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRIPAsbhZpM

Now, you see, this might an example where a fan effort could get some traction. See what you could do about getting a longer fan film made, if Rebellion were cool with that. Hell I've just been catching up on Iron Sky which finished shooting recently and that is from the Star Wreck team that did seem to have largely done those fan films through crowdfunding and fan input (although Iron Sky seems to have had "proper" financing).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

JOE SOAP

If all the effort put into a decent fake trailer can't get a Sláine film made, what is it that makes anyone think a facebook page with a few hundred/thousand likes can?

blackmocco

Because people have forgotten how the world really works, Joe. Grud help us all...

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I think a big flaw in this plan is this:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sl%C3%A1ine/138835519469502

Only 153 'likes' on Facebook. You've a steep uphill battle, and you're up against people obsessed with managing farms that return no marketable produce
You may quote me on that.