Main Menu

printers,publishers,postie?

Started by Leigh S, 09 April, 2002, 11:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

So who's fucked up this week?  The subs have been terrible for the past couple of months - Who's to blame?

Dean

It's very disappointing, I've e mailed Rebellion re upgrading the subscription service but with no response. Two weeks ago I phoned up to see what was going on & was told they had been sent out on Monday rather than Friday.

Since the prog usually appears on a Monday why was it still sent out 2nd class. By definition we will receive it at the same time as the newsagents put it on display.

I feel we deserve 1st class if the subscriptions people are behind. I cannot see why this should happen, presumably progs are printed weeks in advance.

Why not have a 'Gold' subscription service, it would cost more but the progs would be sent out 1st class & received on a Saturday morning rather than a Monday morning.

While I'm at it many companies pay alot of money to send out junk mail. Rebellion have a captive audience & we pay the postage so where are the offers that subscribers cannot turn down.

I'd rather give my money to Rebellion, who will (hopefully) prosper and support the prog & the meg than a high street retailer as Rebellion put alot back into the UK comic industry.

As I said above I've e mailed Rebellion on this but have never had a response, I think they should look into this area as there are opportunities being ignored.

What does everyone else think?

Leigh S

It's frustrating to know that my prog will be sitting at home, while I'm at work - the choice is to buy another copy or get it after its available in the shops, which isn't really the reason why I subscribed.  As with yourself Dean, I like to think that by subscribing I'm giving a bit of extra cash to Rebellion that would otherwise be snaffled by WHSmith.  Maybe the site could have a "progwatch" message each week, which would tell us if the subscriptions have been delayed.  It would save me leaving work early on a Monday, only to find it's not there, to repeat this on a Tuesday and find I have to work until 6.30 on the Wednesday to make up my hours!:)

I always thought the comic was printed a week or two in advance, so sending it out a day or two earlier couldn't hurt could it?  Still, the special offer on the graphic novels is a small step in the right direction.  You're right about exploring the marketing opportunities of stuffing the subs envelopes full of junk mail - if it makes money for Rebellion, I certainly wouldnt mind, and if it helped my subs copy turn up on time, even better!

Leigh S

The Gold Class service sounds good to me - I'd certainly pay an extra 50p - ?1 more a month if it meant getting my prog on the Saturday rather than the Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday.

Thread Zero

Why subscribe?

Is it because you haven't any good newsagents in your area?

I find it better to go to a shop and choose my copy. Fortunately my newsagent has more than one in stock. Better than getting a creased one though your door!

scojo

sigu

"Better than getting a creased one though your door! "

Is this some kind of euphemism?

W. R. Logan

>Why subscribe?

Saves time

>Is it because you haven't any good newsagents in your area?

I live in Norfolk where everything is far away, plus my local newsagents have trouble getting anything other than pig farmers weekly.

>I find it better to go to a shop and choose my copy. Fortunately my newsagent has more than one in stock. Better than getting a creased one though your door!

My postie knows that I'd rather he slept with my wife than fold my Prog in half, funnily enough I usually find my Progs in pristine condition on my side of the bed when I come home from work.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: Class Of '79

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Concert/8355/graphics/apat2.gif">