Started by Oddboy, 30 April, 2002, 06:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

I'm totally down with that.

* Started round about Prog 506
* read every classic 2000ad and quality comic I could get my hands on
* Stopped getting it every week around about the 6-700 mark
* dwindling decay until...
* Back for the big 2001 prog and kept at it since.

Art

Anyone else noticing the groovy wave sign this thread is making? Nice.

Tex Hex

Well thats just great. No prog. 1. No prog 534. I threw away as a child (*shame*). I just didnt understand. Well, Its just you and me reckless youth. No club for us. *sob!*

Dean

You're all a bunch of tossers.

I've been trying to complete my full set of the prog with only no. 534 to go. Up until yeatersay this was worth ?1.50, now with this threads interest it's like the 'ultimate 2000ad' and it's gonna cost me ?30.00 thanks alot.

Anyway, isn't this the prog with Dreddy boy & a couple of silver dildos?

Dean

(Happy to be a non member of the 534 club unless offered to him at a reasonable price)

Dean

Yeatersay, all my troubles seemed so far away
no I need a place to hide away oh I beleive in Yeatersay........

esoteric ed

How about a "Prog 1289" club... pretty scarce at the moment...

Ed

Tex Hex

1289 eh? Count me in! Well, like, next week.

Wood

I actually started at Prog 694 and stopped buying it at 890 (because I went to uni. And had relationships and stuff) and (apart from the odd prog here and there) I started again at 1120-ish, but I was recently given (yes, GIVEN) an almost complete run from 334 onwards, through the 200 or so issues I bought first time round and up to 1035.

So I do indeed have Prog 534. So that's OK. As long as I keep the comics in the study, my wife's OK with mt little habit.

I think....

Art

No! You've RUINED THE WAVE!

scutfink

Alright,  I  started  reading  my  brothers  collection  (Which  I  later  inhereted)  around  #200  but  left  (To  read  Look  In  of  all  things,  dear  god!)  around  the  350  mark  only  to  return  in  the  late  400's  with  plenty  of  time  before  the  now  classic  534,  and  I  was  wondering  since  I  strayed  from  the  fold  so  early  where  does  this  put  me  with  regards  to  your  illustrious  club?  

Oddboy

Scutfink,
You will get Gold-class membership.

Essentially: Owning THE PROG is the Primary Factor, regardless of date purchased.

Advancing to Gold Membership is conditional on being a regular reader who has lapsed & then rejoined and is not based on ownership but on contempory readership.

I will publish an updated membership list every so often.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Oddboy

0000000002 G Oddboygirl
0000000003 G Stodge
0000000004 G Sigu
0000000005   Jock
0000000006   Rambo
0000000007   Mike D
0000000008 G Arthur Wyatt
0000000009 G Wood
0000000010 G Scutfink

PEOPLE BANNED due to either owning Prog 1 or not owning Prog 534:
Wake, Paulvonscott, Hexen, Dean, Esoteric Ed, Uncle Umpty, WR Logan & Captain Skank.

Matt, your membership is still under review.  Please submit more information.

Trout

I've twice lapsed, reader-ship wise, but returned fairly quickly.
Both times it was a matter of months.

Is that good enough for Gold membership OBG?

By the way, pleased to be member no double-O double-O double-O (repeat as required) seven!

MikeD

Oddboy

Yeah, sure!
I'll update you on my database.
With the current membership we easily out number that "1-with-a-spinner" club - & with over 40 messages I'd say we're ready to take 'em on!

RALLY ROUND TROOPERS: AAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

stodge

I'm fighting with the Prog 534 Club Block.  who are you fighting with!!!!