Main Menu

Dolman isn't at the Academy anymore you twat.

Started by Richard, 25 January, 2005, 05:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Prog 1423. Judge Dredd by Gordon Rennie:

"I hear Dolman is doing well at the Academy."

NO HE BLOODY ISN'T!!! HE LEFT THE ACADEMY IN THE FIRST STORY HE EVER BLOODY APPEARED IN!!!

If you had read the ONLY story Dolman ever appeared in, i.e. if you knew who Dolman was, you would know HE IS NOT AT THE ACADEMY ANYMORE!

What is the point of letting OTHER PEOPLE write Dredd stories if they don't even bother to keep up with what John Wagner writes?

It's OK when they write their own stories with their own ideas which stand alone and are not sequels to anything anyone else wrote, but what is the point of somebody writing a story which is a DIRECT SEQUEL to Total War and alluding to a character from a story that somebody else wrote and then IGNORING WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT CHARACTER IN THE LAST EPISODE OF THAT CHARACTER'S DEBUT STORY??? It just doesn;t make sense and it insults the readers.

Seriously: I'm not a continuity nerd and I don't usually get hung up over these things, BUT: there must be a point, a threshold, a line, beyond which this sort of thing matters a little bit.

How can you refer to a story and tehn ignore the end of it? How can you have the GALL to write an episode in a series written by someone else and then make a mistake as obvious as that? It buggers up the story for people (i.e. everyone else) who have actually been following it.

Frankly, after this, I would rather read a prog with no Dredd in it than a Dredd story written by someone other than Wagner.

Richard

Alright, I have had a bit to drink... and i might have been slightly harsh... but I think the above is basically valid.

Bico

I don't know if you're aware of this, but you can shorten your name to 'Dick', you know...

LARF

Richard - first time on the board?

Be nice to say hello first rather than put up an annoying post.

Any way, Gordon the guy wants some answers, I've not read it yet so can't comment.

petemaskreplica

I believe the appropriate phrase is "Hoist by your own petard" ;)

LARF

Nice one Mr Bear - I was being polite, 'cos I'm not a pissed up trouser snake with a Wagner complex, wonder if Grennie will answer to this Troll?

LARF

Oh and as far as I know Dolman is in an academy, not the one in Mega City but the one he went to in outer space when he joinned the Justice Dept. Space force or whatever it's called.

NecroClown

Later in the same episode Vienna comments on how Doleman is doing in his new life, he even has a girlfriend now.

I worship at the alter of Rennie. Be gone naysayer! ;)

Quirkafleeg

He's talking about Fame Acadamy... you twat!

GordonR

last time we saw Dolman, he was on his way to the Space Corps Academy - that's ACADEMY - on Columbus.

Remind me, so who's the twat?

El Spurioso

Think you'll find "that twat" was referring to the StarCorps academy, to which Dolman was transferred at the end of his last appearance.  Thus the mention of him having a girlfriend - something unthinkable in the Academy of Law.

So what you've, done, see, is insulted a popular writer *and* made yourself look like a moron at the same time.

My suggestion would be "apologise or vanish", mate, cos I can't see how you'll be terribly welcome otherwise.

Wils

From Prog 1381 - Brothers of the Blood part 4.

Dolman to Vienna: I'm being sent to the colony on columbus. There's a school there for the Space Corps. I'm going to be billeted with a real family.

Don't look so fucking clever now, do you, twat?

NecroClown

The classic term of "owned" applies here.

Art

At times like this I'm reminded of the sublime lyrical poetry of the songs of Clawfinger.

"do this, do that, come here, YOU TWAT"

Quirkafleeg

In the man's own words:

""he seems like a decent enough chap and has probably had enought 'arse' and 'twat' related insults for the time being "

Probably, but it's best to make sure:

ARSE! TWAT! ARSE! TWAT! ARSE! TWAT! ARSE! TWAT!
ARSE! TWAT! ARSE! TWAT! ARSE! TWAT! ARSE! TWAT! "