Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

LARF

Bloody hell - that is a shock!

CrazyFoxMachine

Very sad. Used to think he and Tom Baker were the same when I was like...ten. Used to sit glued to Top of the Pops to watch him freaking out at the drum kit.

I experienced the kind of devastation little girls did at Take That breaking up when he was fired and I vowed never to watch Stereophonics again.

Thirteen years later I have still rigidly adhered to this vow.

dweezil2

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 07 June, 2010, 10:13:42 AM
Stuart Cable
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/10253098.stm

Quite a shock!

He had the right idea leaving The Stereochronics though.
I saw them many years back and they were the dullest band I've probably ever seen and God that Kelly Jones is a class A twonk.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

House of Usher

That is a shocker. From my back garden I could hear the Stereophonics playing at the Cardiff City football ground on Saturday night. There'll be a lot of fans upset by this coming so close on the back of that gig. Poor Stuart Cable. It's just wrong.
STRIKE !!!

Grant Goggans

I felt the same way... I liked the first two Stereophonics albums, but Cable's sacking was low.  I saw them open for Bowie in 2004, and that was that.  Cable was a great, great drummer.

House of Usher

Lead story on Wales Today right now.
STRIKE !!!

W. R. Logan

RIP W. R. Logan, gone to the big slush pile in the sky 8-?

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Stewart Perkins on 07 June, 2010, 06:34:33 PM
RIP W. R. Logan, gone to the big slush pile in the sky

At last, that bloke was a right old miserable git  ;)

LARF

Rumour is that Stuart Cable choked on his own vomit after going out on a bender.

Kerrin

It's a damn shame. I agree with Grant that his sacking was a low deal. For misbehavior? It's rock and roll FFS!

Albion

I'm glad to see the Classic Rock website has changed their article on Stuart Cable. They put his name as Vince Cable this morning.
You'd think a website for a rock magazine would get it right wouldn't you?  ::)
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Robin Low

Quote from: House of Usher on 07 June, 2010, 06:31:57 PM
Lead story on Wales Today right now.

Ah, good old Wales Today. "And now the 6 o'clock news all over again, but this time from a Welsh perspective."

Happy days in Bangor... I remember with fondness the night the lead story was a feud between two cliques in a badger-watching club.

Regards

Robin

Peter Wolf

I wasnt very impressed with the circumstances of the sacking of Stuart Cable either and i thought that Kelley Jones came across as a Twat because of it.

Stuart Cable just came across a Buffoon but a good one so i dont mean that in a negative way.He was a bit like Keith Moon is what i mean.

As for their music i never liked any of it.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

vzzbux

A bit like Keith Moon?
Nah sorry Keith is in a league of his own and I doubt anyone will ever come near him. He was off his fucking trolly.
Being mad comes with the job descripion of being a drummer.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.