Main Menu

Ghost ship!

Started by Art, 05 June, 2006, 11:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

After four months at sea, ghost ship with 11 petrified corpses washes up in Barbados...

Link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1785108,00.html?gusrc=rss" target="_blank">http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1

I, Cosh

That is fucking horrible.
We never really die.

Buttonman

C'mon Art another Aquatic Dead thread?!

The story reminds me of a film I saw once about a ghost ship. It was this ship and it was full of ghosts. What was it called? Hmm Herbie Rides Again, that's it.

Quirkafleeg

I remember standing in Smiths, trying very hard not to laugh, while too youths next to me had a 'how many killings?' conversation about Ghostship

Art

Yarrrr!

The movie "Ghost Ship" is a bit of a snorefest, TBH, with some potentially interesting material pissed up the wall. Also since you pretty much see the money shot (the cheesewire style mass dismemberment) in the trailer watching the actual movie is a bit redundant...

Keef Monkey

Yeah, that scene at the beginning was great and set it up to be a great movie, which it most definately wasn't.

Artificial Idiot

I just love the way the guardian saw fit to put an ad for birdseye halfway through that article...

GordonR

They were obviously killed by the monster from Dep Rising, which is the finest aquatic monster movie starring Treat Williams and Famke Jansen ever made.

Art

No doubt the Evil Spaniard knew the monster was coming, and left them to their fate...

ThryllSeekyr

I wasjust watching the film 'Open Water' earlier this morning.

About young couple who were accidently left behind on a scuba trip. They stuck out in the water for what seemed like 24 hours before they were attacked by sharks.

The people they went scuba diving with didn't realise they were gone until the following day.

Only a camera they were carring were found inside a shark that was caught later on in the day.

Unlike what happend with the 'Ghostship' no bodies were found at all.

robbycox

I saw Open Water recently as well, great low budget film that

s
p
o
i
l
e
r

s
p
a
c
e

has one of the best endings i've seen in a film for ages.
Cheers,
Rob.

Lobo Baggins

Oh, petrified as in partually turned to stone, not petrified as in died from FEAR.

That's much less interesting...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Wils

That's much less interesting...

The same way that "The boat's phantom crew was made up of the desiccated corpses of 11 young men" *doesn't* mean that they'd been turned into coconut.

Quirkafleeg

Very dissapointed with Open Water to be honest... it's some good bits but over all it's not great

Keef Monkey

I thought Open Water was incredibly dull. The only part that I liked was the night scene but it lasted about 3 minutes(if that). Oh, and the full frontal nudity, that'll always grab my attention during a crap film. Of course anyone who's read Thryllseekyr's post now doesn't need to watch the movie ;)