Main Menu

Time Twister Question, this weeks futureshock

Started by Art, 13 June, 2002, 07:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

I'm pretty sure I've seen a much better Time Twister that uses pretty much the same twist, only with time machines instead of spaceships. Does anyone remember this? Was it an Alan moore one?  

paulvonscott

At the end of Arthur's Future Shock Post here, it turns out, that this is in fact the second of 3 such time twisters, the third one revealing that the author has in fact posted the same future shock three times to tharg at different points in time but due to a mysterious chronological 'lag'in the submissions process it won't become fully aparrent till the last one appears.

Which makes me wonder what Arthur's role in all of the really is?

(PVS strokes his chin, explodes and becomes his own great, great, grandfather)

Art

I am but a humble scholar of the sequential arts.

christophe

Dear Arthur,

"Sequential art leads people on"
 - Alan Moore

Oddboy

Liked it anyway.
Enjoying Tor Cyan too - which is a first!  Looking forward to reading his earlier stories again now (But in my 2K chronological quest I've only just reached Rogue's first story so I'm many years off that!)
13's still going well.

I really can't remember if I read Dredd or not... it was very late at night & I can't remember what happened either way.  Better read it again this evening.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Oddboy

I think I did read it.  Orlok wasn't in it this week though, was he? & I expected something to happen on that front but what the hey I really can't remember!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Art

As I remember it, there was a Futureshock or Time Twister in which someone travelled back in time to see what caused the destruction of a city. They arrive to find that everything is okay, and so travel back to their own time, where they find the city is in ruins. then the police arrive and arrest the timetraveller - apparently every time the timemachine goes forwards or backwards in time it causes a huge explosion.

I think there may have been some extra twists and turns along the way, and maybe a few more cities destroyed, but that was the basic structure of this. Anyone remember it? I'm pretty sure it was Tooth, but i'd like to know for sure.