General Chat > Creative Common

Art submissions (help a newbie!)

(1/4) > >>

skoi:
Right.  This is my first post on this here website, so first I should say a general hello to all.  Wotcher - hope everyone's having a good weekend!

Anyway, to business: I have just completed a five page re-drawing of a Dredd story ('Tarantula' from the '85 annual, reprinted in Extreme Editions of July this year, if anyone's interested) as per the instructions on the art submission page.  I was just wondering, firstly, if there was any way scans could be posted online for *critiquing* by members of the forum, where to do this, and if anyone had any advice as to submitting art samples to 2000AD?  That is, beyond the 'bung-it-in-an-envelope-post-it-and-forget-all-about-it-forever-and-ever-amen' refrain (though I'm resigned to this ultimately being the best course of action).  I'm really uncertain as to whether to send it by post, or to wait until a convention rolls around, but that's a whole new can o'worms*.

Thanks in advance,

S

* 'Can o' Worms' is a registered trademark of the 'Tinned Annelid Consortium': giving you worms since 1963.  Used with persimmons.

Adrian Bamforth:
You can join the Artdroids group:

ADELink: Artdroids

Darren Stephens:
You could upload them to a free image hosting site, such as photobucket and post the links here?
Hello, by the way.  ;-P

pauljholden:
Send it in the post AND turn up at the convention with a different, more recent sample.

Also, and more importantly, don't rely on 2000AD being your only avenue for publication, there are plenty of small-pressers looking for artists get your work around, improve it and get it in print.

-pj

Jim_Campbell:
"Also, and more importantly, don't rely on 2000AD being your only avenue for publication, there are plenty of small-pressers looking for artists get your work around, improve it and get it in print. "

Listen to Mr Holden, for his words are wisdom.

Seriously.

And send stuff for Violent! ... I'll be happy to forward it on. [/pimp]

Cheers!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version