Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills & Trades!

Started by radiator, 18 February, 2010, 03:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quote from: HdE on 09 March, 2011, 03:11:28 AMGiven that, and how much I enjoy the big case files books, I reckon a complete Nokolai Dante in that format(hopefully put out after I've nabbed the other stuff I'm after) would be damn near unmissable!
Given that it's a full-colour strip, it'd also be expensive. You'd probably still end up with a half-dozen books at £21.99+ each.

radiator

I've never really understood the argument that the colour books need to be on glossy, heavy paper.

I've got many US trades that are in colour and printed on rougher matt paper, and while obviously you'd lose a bit of detail with painted artwork I'm not convinced it would result in an unreadably murky mess - I dare say that the texture provided by rougher paper might actually help to hide some of the flaws in the weaker fully painted and computer coloured stuff, which doesn't reproduce that well anyway. It would also mean we could get affordable, chunky volumes of colour stuff like Sinister/Dexter, Anderson etc.

HdE

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 March, 2011, 01:09:58 PM
Quote from: HdE on 09 March, 2011, 03:11:28 AMGiven that, and how much I enjoy the big case files books, I reckon a complete Nokolai Dante in that format(hopefully put out after I've nabbed the other stuff I'm after) would be damn near unmissable!
Given that it's a full-colour strip, it'd also be expensive. You'd probably still end up with a half-dozen books at £21.99+ each.

I actually was cognizent of that likelihood when I commented earlier. I think it says something about Nikolai Dante that I'd quite hapily shoulder that expense. I mean, I paid more or less RRP on Dark Horse's Akira reprints, so... yeah, I'd be happy to pay that, personally, even though I can imagine that others might not.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Dash Decent

Quote from: radiator on 01 March, 2011, 10:43:31 AM
2000ad/Simon & Schuster Graphic Novels and Books - US (provisional list - all subject to change):
Kingdom: The Promised Land - June 2011
Low Life: Paranoia - June 2011
Nikolai Dante: Too Cool to Kill (aka The Romanov Dynasty) - July 2011
Hondo City Law - August 2011

So I don't buy the same thing twice, these US editions are pretty much the same as the titles we've already seen released by Rebellion (though some with different names), aren't they?  Do we know at this stage if they will include any additional content?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

radiator

QuoteSo I don't buy the same thing twice, these US editions are pretty much the same as the titles we've already seen released by Rebellion (though some with different names), aren't they?  Do we know at this stage if they will include any additional content?

The Kingdom and Dante books are almost certainly going to have exactly the same contents (the only difference will be the covers, and perhaps things like sketches/cover galleries), but I'd imagine the contents of the Low Life and Hondo City Law books will differ from the contents of the UK Mega City Undercover and Shimura books.

Pioneer

So will the content that appears in the US versions be released in the UK?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 01 March, 2011, 10:54:02 AM
Looks like Red Seas 'Gods and Monsters' won't be starting in 1724 at least, as the next prog advert listed Flesh and a Future Shock replacing Necrophim and Ampney. Hopefully its just a short term delay due to story length and the like?

Hmmm wonder when this will arrive as according the the early receivers of this weeks Prog an unexpected Dandridge seems to have filled the gap left by Kingdom. I wonder is Dandridge taking Sinister Dexters role as gap filler?

Emperor

The Halloween offerings have started popping up on Amazon all ready for pre-ordering:

www.amazon.co.uk/Cradlegrave-John-Smith/dp/1907992464/
www.amazon.com/Cradlegrave-John-Smith/dp/1907992464/

www.amazon.com/Tharg-Terror-Tales-Presents-Necronauts/dp/1907992510

www.amazon.co.uk/Defoe-Queen-Zombies-Pat-Mills/dp/1907992472/
www.amazon.com/Defoe-Queen-Zombies-Pat-Mills/dp/1907992472/
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

SmallBlueThing

That Black Hawk cover is phenomenal! Please don't let it be a placeholder!

SBT

Greg M.

As ever, I applaud Rebellion's dedication in making sure every single bit of Belardinelli is out there in a collection. What does that leave... The Dead and Moonrunners? Won't be holding my breath for the latter, mind.

Swerty

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 21 March, 2011, 06:13:12 PM

SBT

I want it so bad!

Jim_Campbell

Good lord... are they going to print the Tornado episodes as well? That may come as a bit of a shock to a casual reader -- however many episodes of (relatively) straight historical sword and sandal stuff, then --ZAP!-- he's in an alien arena...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Agreed - it's outstanding.  It will be mine.

Hopefully there'll be enough interest in this collection to raise a green eyebrow and spur commissioning of the long-awaited return.