Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: Emperor on 02 October, 2010, 01:52:57 AM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 29 September, 2010, 04:26:33 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 29 September, 2010, 04:14:36 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 21 September, 2010, 03:47:16 PM
I think I've just had an idea for a GN drop fully formed into my lap.

Now to make sure no one has done it before...

'Now to make sure no one has done it before...'

how can you do that?

Puzzled of Morningside

Google, my friend, google...

I've also taken to checking TV Tropes:

http://tvtropes.org

Cheers emp had forgot all about that site...

I was asking Rac as I don't fancy spend time polishing up my Futureshocks turds to find the story is a standard  'the world's really a computer simulation' type o thing
DDT did a job on me

House of Usher

Quote from: Emperor on 02 October, 2010, 01:52:57 AM
I've also taken to checking TV Tropes:

http://tvtropes.org

Gee. That website is hours of fun. I may never actually get anything done ever again!
STRIKE !!!

SquashedFly

Yeah the longer you stay the more it pulls you in and in. So many hours wasted there and I only visited it the first time a few weeks ago.

I havent been on it in a while actually....must resist...

TordelBack

Had the kids to myself the last few days, and took the opportunity to expose them to my much-mocked musical tastes at high volume.  Unexpectedly Horslips proved to be a major hit with both sprogs, and I had a really great time reworking the life of Cúchulainn to fit in with the song breaks in The Táin album over the course of two longish drives.  The Boy and I drew up an itinerary of key places from the story to visit over the winter, from Emain Macha to the Cooleys to Dun Dealgan,  Maedbh's Cairn on Knocknarea and finally the GPO (for the statue, and the resonance).   Best of all there's (bizarrely) an exhibition of Le Brocquy's incredible Táin illustrations in a vacant unit in our godawful local Shopping centre, the Square.  Finally all my useless knowledge is keeping someone else entertained.  

To my shame I've never been to the traditional location of the ford where Cúchulainn fights Ferdia, despite having been to Ardee many times. Does anyone know the site?  Is it worth a visit or should I seek out a more atnmospheric alternative?

Also excellent: I filled in as crew on a small racing cruiser last weekend and despite being my first time racing on a boat I couldn't actually lift on my own, they asked me back.  Well chuffed.

Mikey

I was out on fieldwork all this week - the first proper yomping in over three months! Felt the effects of being office bound I can tell ye. Saw some excellent till and glacio-fluvial sections I wasn't previously aware of - lush soft sediment deformation and climbing ripples too.

And I'm up to date with the tooth and me and Mrs Mikey had a sucessful shopping trip yesterday that only took 1.5 hours and no traipsing needed!And the house has been painted, we have a new floor in the living room, got a really nice hi fi stand and I'm making a curry tonight.

Feeling smug  :D

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Devons Daddy

I ordered a snow machine (hollywood effects type of thing) for work. so at the new years party i will make it snow over the dance floor. AT MIDNIGHT, big party alfresco, with snow in the tropics, i am very happy with my purchase today.

fireworks for new year, i could not get the license, i tried, so the snow thing
I LIKEY! :D

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

In work today, someone went the wrong way down the one way street of my car-park. There was a cop car going the other (i.e. the right) way, and they pulled him over. But the cop car pulled up and blocked the only exit from the car-park. ::)

So when one peeler got out and went over to chastise the idiot driver,I sauntered over and tapped the window.

'Excuse me sir, is this your car?'

SO satisfying. Especially since the pigs always give me the third degree about being a skin-head outside a hotel car-park with a bag-full of change
You may quote me on that.

maryanddavid

Quotedespite having been to Ardee many times
Ive never been to Ardee, but the 'site' probably will be well worth checking.
I recently found the longstone in the Neale and its a stone against a small barn, but to think that Nuada could have been there. Standing on the shoulder of giants, the actual location dosent matter, its what brings it alive in the head.

Anyway life is good, baby on the way, everyone ok health wise, job still hanging in there and a  wedding in a few weeks which should be great. Just back from the stag, I said to mary before leaving that it will be like the episode of the simpsons where all Homers cousins visit and there all just like Homer, loads of McDonald in one location with plenty of drink on board, just like Homer!

David

Dan Kelly

I am now a father and life really is drokking fantastic :D

Warren Edwin Kelly, born 9:50, 4 October 2010
4kg / 8lb 13oz, 56cm at the weigh in

Have spent two days at hospital with him and Mum post planned c-section ( boy wanted to enter the world arse first)
Hopefully home tomorrow.

I am pretty tired, but that's nothing compared with Mum I think!

Dandontdare

Quote from: Dan Kelly on 05 October, 2010, 04:50:57 PM
boy wanted to enter the world arse first

Good on him! let's hope he keeps up that rebellious attitude.

Congratulations to all the Kelly clan.

Mikey

Congratulations! Glad it all went smoothly...

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

TordelBack

Quote from: Dan Kelly on 05 October, 2010, 04:50:57 PM
I am now a father and life really is drokking fantastic :D

Warren Edwin Kelly, born 9:50, 4 October 2010
4kg / 8lb 13oz, 56cm at the weigh in

Have spent two days at hospital with him and Mum post planned c-section ( boy wanted to enter the world arse first)
Hopefully home tomorrow.

I am pretty tired, but that's nothing compared with Mum I think!

Well done all!  Better out than in!

Paul faplad Finch

It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

SmallBlueThing

Congratulations to you and the lady! Remember, newborns' poorly developed eyesight means they react best to harshly contrasted black and white images, so instead of painting the nursery a pastel blue or yellow with pictures of elephants, paper the walls in photocopies of old episodes of Zenith, Brigand Doom and Silo. Little one will find them infinitely fascinating and you'll have the pleasure of knowing you're starting him down the right path.
SBT