Main Menu

Prog 1694 - Cover thread

Started by James Stacey, 16 July, 2010, 01:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

I'd assumed they had stopped previewing the covers for a reason but the new Prog and Meg covers are up on the site now. Cover by Jon-Davis Hunt. Not sure if Feral looks more or less like Feral. He has the claws at least.

chris_askham

I'm so far behind on my progs that I haven't even started the new Strontium Dog series yet, but I really hope it's as good as this cover promises... I've avoided all spoilers so far, but is it going down well with the board so far?

TordelBack

Nice, but a missed opportunity for some multieboob action.  The Total Recall market is small and seedy, but it's there.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: chris_askham on 16 July, 2010, 01:57:19 PM
I've avoided all spoilers so far, but is it going down well with the board so far?

Hmm.. that seems largely to depend on your views of Final Solution, Feral and post-Alpha Strontium Dogs. Nobody's really faulted the quality of the strip, but there are quite a few unhappy with the direction it's been taking.

Personally I've not read classic Stront past the third Agecy File book, so I'm happy to take it for what it is.
@jamesfeistdraws

Mardroid

I like that cover. Interesting seeing other artists take on characters too. Precious looking more bad-ass* than Ezquerra's (equally good, but in a different way) cutie version. Not just because she's holding a gun, that whole facial expression. I think the smaller eyes have something to do  with it too.

*In the 'tough' sense I mean. I'm not saying the artwork is better.

mygrimmbrother

Now that's 2 awesome covers from Davis Hunt this year so far.

TordelBack

Quite an Elson vibe off that one, and an exciting composition - I confess I wouldn't have guessed the ever-improving Davis Hunt.  An artist to watch.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 16 July, 2010, 06:18:24 PM
Quite an Elson vibe off that one, and an exciting composition

Yeah... I'd have put that down as Elson if I didn't know otherwise. That's definitely a compliment, if you're reading, JDH.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

radiator

Not keen on that cover, myself. JDH's style just isn't my cup of tea, I'm afraid.

House of Usher

Strikes me as a good cover, very technically proficient, dynamic and dramatic. I had no idea who'd drawn it until I read on. JDH has come on leaps and bounds since his debut and is consistently making the grade.
STRIKE !!!

vzzbux

Triple tits looks too young. Still a stunning cover.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

M.I.K.

Quote from: James Stacey on 16 July, 2010, 01:33:24 PMNot sure if Feral looks more or less like Feral.

I don't know. I'm too distracted by Middenface's resemblance to Micky Dolenz.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: vzzbux on 16 July, 2010, 11:29:52 PM
Triple tits looks too young. Still a stunning cover.

I thought Tyranny Rex was back in some crazy cross-over.

Nice cover

Mardroid

Quote from: vzzbux on 16 July, 2010, 11:29:52 PM
Triple tits looks too young.

So does Ezquerra's version. Maybe that's her mutie thing... or everyone ages more slowly in this age...

Swerty

Nice to see letters page back