Main Menu

MEG-300

Started by flip-r mk2, 17 July, 2010, 11:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

QuoteHad a bit of a problem last week with my bank card getting blocked because I used it abroad. Bit worried now that this has suspended my sub because neither prog or meg have showed up!

It's ok everyone, you can all stop worrying - they showed up. But my postie must be going for some sort of 'latest delivery' record. Must have been about 3pm before they arrived!

Dredd was arsom, though slightly hard to follow in places (that may be just me though). Wonder if we'll see Braun, Klegg and Kamran again, and also wondering if the Chief Judge they're referring to at the end is Sinfield or Francisco?

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: radiator on 17 July, 2010, 04:33:34 PM
QuoteHad a bit of a problem last week with my bank card getting blocked because I used it abroad. Bit worried now that this has suspended my sub because neither prog or meg have showed up!

It's ok everyone, you can all stop worrying - they showed up. But my postie must be going for some sort of 'latest delivery' record. Must have been about 3pm before they arrived!

Dredd was arsom, though slightly hard to follow in places (that may be just me though). Wonder if we'll see Braun, Klegg and Kamran again, and also wondering if the Chief Judge they're referring to at the end is Sinfield or Francisco?

Waits for his Meg still!!! >:(
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

radiator

I liked the free postcard, too. Did everyone else get America Jara or are there different ones?

Leigh S

America postcard here too...

mogzilla

not seen this yet but aware i'm immortalised thanks to strontium 71 and the xbox live!

many thanks to colin for pandering to my blatant cheek and down right begging for a mention, the lad's a legend! :D

House of Usher

Having a bit of a tidy up, I notice that I've barely read any of the Megazine in the past year, and my subscription is nearly up! I've just started reading Tempest, etc to catch up.

I have a question about the Judge Dredd strip. When was the back of Bennet Beeney's neck shot off? I presume he survived as he gave the judges an account of the shooting and survived America herself. Colin's graffiti was amusing. 'Roger's Mum's Tunnel,' indeed! A pity the signage is obscured by dialogue. Not to worry, at least there's a nice and clearly labelled 'Roger's Mum block' next to it to provide the context.

Not thrilled by the return of Inaba, but Armitage had an entertaining premise.
STRIKE !!!

Dandontdare

Quote from: House of Usher on 17 July, 2010, 07:42:43 PM
When was the back of Bennet Beeney's neck shot off?

He was shot through the throat, ending his singing career. This depiction does seem a little bit more extreme though!

Jared Katooie

Quote from: flip-r mk2 on 17 July, 2010, 11:13:15 AM
Haven't read it yet ,just studied Colin Macneil's art and found mentions for 'Mogzilla',(Jared)'Katooie' Dog's band 'Bin Laden's Daughter'

:o

You mean I have to buy the Meg?!

House of Usher

The Judge Anderson story set in Salem piqued my interest. This particular Mega-City geography expansion set was just about plausible, and it gives Anderson something different to sort out. Boo Cook's drawing is spectacular and the colours are dazzling.

There was one mistake. Fancy that local judge thinking Tituba was an Indian! Maybe he's not very interested in local history. Tituba was an African slave brought to Salem by the Reverend Paris from his plantation in Barbados.
STRIKE !!!

vzzbux

Anyone else feel cheated of three pages of art from Lilly Mackenzie.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

House of Usher

It looked very odd when I was flipping through, but it was quite entertaining to read. To be honest, the more words there are on the page the longer it holds my attention. I don't tend to stay and admire the pictures for very long once I've read all the words and I've taken in all the detail.
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Swerty

Clocked it in Smiths and went through the till at £4.99!

vzzbux

If I was in it just for the words I would read just books.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.