Main Menu

Zack Snyder (300, WATCHMEN) Will direct ''The Man Of Steel''

Started by Dreddzilla, 05 October, 2010, 12:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreddzilla

:| ...I really don't know how to feel about this.
I haven't seen 300 or Watchmen so I'm kind of ''meh'' about this.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/zack-snyder-directing-superman/

Deadline spoke with Zack Snyder, who confirms that as soon as he completes post on Sucker Punch, he'll move right into the Man of Steel. "I've been a big fan of the character for a long time, he's definitely the king of all superheroes, he's the one," Snyder told Deadline. "It's early yet, but I can tell you that what David and Chris have done with the story so far definitely has given me a great insight into a way to make him feel modern. I've always felt he was kind of awesome. I'll finish Sucker Punch and get right at it."

Breaking: Zack Snyder has been chosen to direct  the new installment of Superman for Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures. Snyder was on a short list of directors that Deadline revealed recently, who met with the studio and producers Chris Nolan and Emma Thomas. Other choices at the time included Tony Scott, Matt Reeves, Jonathan Liebesman, and Duncan Jones. Snyder is an inspired choice. He is a cornerstone filmmaker for Warner Bros., a visual stylist whose efforts for the studio include 300, Watchmen, and the upcoming Suckerpunch. Deadline revealed back on February 9 that the DC Comics stalwart Superman became a priority project when Nolan agreed to godfather the project. He and Goyer hatched the story and Goyer wrote the script

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Ye know what I want from a Superman movie?

An Adam west style high camp romp set in 60's style retro-futurism. With Patrick Stewart as Lex Luthor and Brent Spiner as Braniac.

And Sylvester Stallone as Bizarro. But, you knew I'd say that.
You may quote me on that.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: pops1983 on 05 October, 2010, 12:10:37 AM
Ye know what I want from a Superman movie?

An Adam west style high camp romp set in 60's style retro-futurism. With Patrick Stewart as Lex Luthor and Brent Spiner as Braniac.

And Sylvester Stallone as Bizarro. But, you knew I'd say that.
That a Dredd'95 reference?  :lol:
HOLYSTOMM! It's my 200th post! :D

maryanddavid

Id look forward to this, 300 was great, and Watchmen was probably as good a Watchmen film that I could have hoped for. Hope its light and family fun like the Reeves films, loved them as a kid the American Dream and all that, nearly the opposite of Batman.

David

Roger Godpleton

If Nolan or whoever is breathing down his neck the whole time, then this could work.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Christov

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Christov on 05 October, 2010, 01:00:10 AM
Expect slow motion. Expect it everywhere.
:-\ Crap, light bleeding CGI Metropolis too
You may quote me on that.

fresno bob

Another boring film about an uninteresting character. I liked 300 and Watchmen,but no one will ever spark my interest in Superman. I was 8 years old when The first Chris Reeve film came out and that was fist experience of wanting to walk out of a film.Just how long are the opening credits of that first movie anyway?
You know why the Professor never got laid on the island, don't you?

Buddy

So, this is a reboot of a reboot..... when will it end?

Feck sake.. just make The Dark Knight Returns already!!

radiator

QuoteSo, this is a reboot of a reboot.....

Is it? I thought Superman Returns was a sequel to Superman II, not a reboot.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Richmond Clements

Roger Godpleton

JOE SOAP

So another retread of elements from the first two movies, are there no imaginations left in Hollywood.

Roger Godpleton

They could at least have the decency to cast Nic Cage as Bizarro.