Main Menu

Classics Compendium Phonebook GN?

Started by hippynumber1, 28 January, 2012, 05:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

The announcement that 'Death Planet' was getting the 'floppy' treatment got me thinking - how about a phonebook sized graphic novel of all the old classics strips that don't/won't get a book of their own? I'm thinking of strips like 'Death Planet', 'Ant Wars', 'Angel' (rubbish I know, but still...) 'The Visible Man', 'Shako', 'Project Overkill', 'Colony Earth' and so on (there are dozens of them, some of which have appeared in Extreme Editions)... Maybe call it '2000AD Blasts from the Past' or something (not a great title but then, I'm not in marketing!).

Spikes

Grud no!, Colony Earth!?!  :o surely thats best left at the very bottom of the barrel with the rest of Thargs stinkers?

radiator

Angel is also in next month's floppy.

hippynumber1

maryanddavid

I like that Idea Hippy, Some of the stories are 'b' classics, and some are just so shite that they are great, stand up Angel. I liked colony Earth too, I ashamed to say!
Id buy that Casefile.

David

Bat King

Shako should get a printing... So should Ant wars.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

hippynumber1

Thank you! It's the classic compendium format that makes 2000AD great - okay, you don't love 'Colony Earth' but you've got 'Ant Wars'/'Shako'/'Time Quake' etc to make up for it... There are 3 volumes here, at least...