Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddykafka

If he was a musician, it could be said that this story ended on a bum note.

Meanwhile and in other news, this is all a bit mad, Ted...

https://www.thejournal.ie/fake-arm-italy-5619489-Dec2021/

Funt Solo

Oh, dear Jebus Grud in Heaven, I live on the same planet as these flatin' McCoys.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Ye used to see pictures like that all the time in the 80s and 90s. Only they'd all be wearing balaclavas.
You may quote me on that.

von Boom

A couple of those gomers will become news reports ending with "...before turning the gun on themselves."

Link Prime

The Jameson Crested - 'Devils Ladder' edition is a stunning drop of flavour that'll only set you back 50 smackers.

https://www.jamesonwhiskey.com/en-EN/ourwhiskeys/jameson-crested-devils-ladder

Hawkmumbler

Jameson do some interesting stuff with their cast strength family of brews, when they're not fannying about putting citrus or some guff in their whiskey.

Will have to sample this one myself...

Link Prime

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 08 December, 2021, 11:42:07 AM
Jameson do some interesting stuff with their cast strength family of brews, when they're not fannying about putting citrus or some guff in their whiskey.

Will have to sample this one myself...

I do enjoy the Jameson Stout Edition as a sidekick with a few cans of Nitro or Draught Guinness, but the Devils Ladder edition is in another dimension - I've guzzled two bottles of it in the past 2 months or so.
Great paired with a decent craft beer, equally great on it's own.

Speaking of whiskey, I had a Christmas meet-up with a few friends in the worlds greatest pub - The Harbour Bar - last weekend, and tried a glass of their stunning Powers special edition.

https://theharbourbar.ie/2020/11/the-harbour-bar-single-cask-release/

€150 ain't for the cheap seats, but a very reasonable price for a whiskey of that quality.
I have a bottle en route for the festive season.

paddykafka

I'll second the cheers for the Harbour Bar. A great venue indeed. I have fond memories of playing in a day-long D&D session there with my mates at the time, many moons ago. Also a good spot for going to on dates. I always got a laugh at seeing the chamber-pot hanging from above the bar, lol. 

milstar

Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

Proudhuff

I have some questions, maybe they could answer them?

1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord (Lev.1:9). The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in (Exodus 21:7). In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev.15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.

4. (Lev. 25:44) states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians.Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5. I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. (Exodus 35:2) clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle is?

7. (Lev. 21:20) states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by (Lev.19:27). How should they die?

9. I know from (Lev.11:6-8) that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates (Lev. 19:19) by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev.24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
DDT did a job on me

paddykafka

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Masterful! Post of the week, as far as I'm concerned.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: paddykafka on 11 December, 2021, 03:09:06 PM

Seconded!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

von Boom

Quote from: paddykafka on 11 December, 2021, 03:09:06 PM

Front runner for post of the year.