DOOM 4 reveal trailer?

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 11 June, 2014, 11:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Recrewt

Nice!  I have recently been playing the Doom 3 BFG Edition on the PS3.  Doom 1 and 2 are seriously looking old now (because they are) but Doom 3 and its expansion packs were great fun.  Whats not to love about Mars, Hell and Cyber-Demons?

Still a bit concerned about Doom 4 as it seems to have been in development forever with it changing hands several times and that often doesn't end up with a quality product.  I hope they do pull it off though.   

Keef Monkey

If you buy a new copy of the surprisingly good Wolfenstein: The New Order it comes with an invite to the Doom beta, if and when it actually happens (they've covered themselves in the small print for the eventuality that it doesn't!).

At least that's the case with the XB1 copy I got, would assume it'll be the same on other platforms.

radiator

QuoteNice!  I have recently been playing the Doom 3 BFG Edition on the PS3.  Doom 1 and 2 are seriously looking old now (because they are) but Doom 3 and its expansion packs were great fun.  Whats not to love about Mars, Hell and Cyber-Demons?

I bought and played Doom and Doom 2 on Xbox Live just a few years ago and they still hold up brilliantly in terms of gameplay and even graphically (dated, yes, but very charming and effective).

Professor Bear

The Doom 3 BFG pack is great value, but my interest in further installments has been mired by the stories of development clusterfuckery that saw a game trashed and begun again from scratch because the guys paying other people's money to make it couldn't agree on creative direction.  I take this to mean not enough of the mechanics were geared towards online multiplayer, and upgrades/power ups came in the course of gameplay rather than through microtransactions.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Kennari Bjarndýr on 11 June, 2014, 08:50:07 PM
The Doom 3 BFG pack is great value, but my interest in further installments has been mired by the stories of development clusterfuckery that saw a game trashed and begun again from scratch because the guys paying other people's money to make it couldn't agree on creative direction.  I take this to mean not enough of the mechanics were geared towards online multiplayer, and upgrades/power ups came in the course of gameplay rather than through microtransactions.

I got this on STEAM not long ago and played the original version of the game for awhile earlier this very morning until I got stuck in a part where I was careless enough to be knocked down to less than 20% life and kept getting killed each time I reloaded the game from the last time I saved it.

Then started playing the 2002 version. Well, the revamped version of it anyway and I'm currently making my way through the beginning. It's rather long winded and I still haven't got to shoot at anything yet.

I had stopped, because I had let some loud You-Tubes play in the background and found this too distracting and quit so I could silence them. It's long story, but while I was trying to watch some of them earlier, they wouldn't buffer and that was that . Until I started playing games.

The graphics, I recall these look rather real to me back in 2002.

Times have really changed since then, but it's not really awful.

Keef Monkey

Redeemed my beta code last night, no word on when it'll be happening but I'm very curious to see what this thing actually is and what DOOM is in 2014. Should be interesting!